Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2004, 12:41 AM

Default KK capped preflop w/ flopped A

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

River: (10 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12 BB

is calling down to the river correct?
Old 12-15-2004, 12:59 AM

Default Re: KK capped preflop w/ flopped A

I call the flop and fold the turn unimproved. So many wittle fishies will call raises with Ax I don't think it's worth calling the turn and river only to find yourself facing it.

Someone would have to be an idiot to bet out into a preflop raiser with only a Jack here.

Just my opinion.
Old 12-15-2004, 01:12 AM

The problem with this is that you are so unlikely to improve on the turn (2/47). I'd prefer a bet/fold to raise approach on the flop.
Old 12-15-2004, 01:45 AM

Agree. Bet this flop
Old 12-15-2004, 01:53 AM

I agree.

I think if he bets and he is raised that he should fold the flop though. To me that represents at least an Ace or even two pair.
Old 12-15-2004, 02:12 AM

These hands are always tough, given the tendency for opponents to play weak aces. I prefer trying to gauge where I'm at at the cheap level, though when your raise is called, the plot thickens.....
Old 12-15-2004, 02:15 AM

Bet that flop and fold to a raise. A raise from CO is probably a legit ace, or JJ. I doubt a hand like QQ or KQ would raise here. Normally I would call a raise and then check/fold the turn unimproved (seeing if he'll bet out the turn again), but this board is very uncoordinated, and CO 3-bet PF so his range of hands goes way down.
Old 12-15-2004, 02:18 AM

Fold because villain is playing the almighty 52o.

This is a hand from yesterday, just thought it would be funny to show here. It almost (and SHOULD HAVE) worked.

Paradise Poker 0.10/0.20 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. MP2 posts a blind of $0.10.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 (poster) checks, CO folds, Button folds, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls, SB calls.

Flop: (16 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls, SB calls.

Turn: (10 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP2 folds, SB folds.

River: (12 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 14 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has 2d 5s (one pair, fives).
UTG has Kd Kh (one pair, kings).
Outcome: UTG wins 14 BB. </font>