Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2004, 05:32 AM

Default Haven\'t got a clear line on this.

The tables been quite loose, so limping with Axs should be profitable, this hand confused me a little because the last few hands hadnt been raised at all.

Main two players

SB 13.5/4, quite aggro postflop at 2.4
MP1 55.5/9.5 postflop aggro is just under 1

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls.

<font color="blue"> Im betting here hoping MP1 raises so it thins the field. I'm counting the two 5's as clean, back door [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]'s plus my A's as long as noone has AA, giving 7 outs. Is this correct? </font>

Flop: (16 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, UTG folds, Hero calls.

<font color="blue"> Now i've hit my [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], but it gives villian a bigger two pair if he is holding something like AK/AQ. </font>

Turn: (10 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

<font color="blue"> C/R or lead out? </font>

River: (12 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 16 BB
Old 12-17-2004, 05:45 AM

Default Re: Haven\'t got a clear line on this.

mp1 limp-reraises? Interesting. I usually see limp-raise as holding AA. I am really not how to play this hand - I am not really liking the flop raise but I don't know why...curious to what some others think.
Old 12-17-2004, 06:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Now i've hit my [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], but it gives villian a bigger two pair if he is holding something like AK/AQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

No it doesn't.

Unless you mean if he hits his overcards it gives him a bigger 2 pair. In which case I don't think you should worry because you have AK and AQ beaten pretty badly already if that's what he has.
Old 12-17-2004, 06:23 AM

Good point. Not sure what my thinking was when i was writing that. Any take on the flop play?
Old 12-17-2004, 09:51 AM

Because you don't know where the aggression is going to come from, I'd check the flop and call a bet back. You have bottom pair and a backdoor draw against a preflop raiser and a limp-reraiser...I want to see the turn cheaply here.
Old 12-17-2004, 11:06 AM

check-call the flop and just draw to your hand. LRR's mean pocket pairs more often than not in my experience.. tho big suited connectors are possible.
Old 12-17-2004, 11:19 AM

Is it worth trying to get people out of the pot?
Old 12-17-2004, 11:24 AM

He means that kickers now play, so AK/AQ pulled back ahead of him if he spikes an A on the river.

AA77K v. AA77x

-d
Old 12-17-2004, 11:25 AM

I like the hand all the way through.

-d
Old 12-17-2004, 11:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it worth trying to get people out of the pot?

[/ QUOTE ]

i think you have to improve to win*, so not really. too many will see the turn even if its raised behind you AND you have to have the best hand on the flop and after the likely turn 'scare' card to your weak pair.

you have excellent relative position to draw here and are behind to a lot of LRR hands (66+, JTs, etc..).

* were you check-calling a river blank?