Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2005, 07:03 PM

Default This can\'t be right...can it? (scary board--20/40)

Party Poker 20/40 Hold'em (6 max, 10 handed) converter

UTG is 56/13/1.5 who loves the showdown
MP1 is 32/16/1.5 who seems to like foding postflop.

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 folds, UTG calls.

Worst flop imaginable. Guy betting into me seems to love the donkbet and rarely folds--the real concern is MP1. He folds and I feel a lot better when UTG just calls my raise.

Turn: (7.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

I figure I'm beating 99-JJ here and splitting with QQ. I def dont feel optimistic. However, his game is pretty straightforward and it seems like it would have been an easy c/r for him if the K helped him and the flop call of my raise suggests no A or a slowplay. Call OK?

River: (9.25 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Old 10-02-2005, 11:36 PM

Default Re: This can\'t be right...can it? (scary board--20/40)

75 views and no opinions?
Old 10-02-2005, 11:43 PM

I would give a lot of consideration to just folding the flop with MP behind you. One of them will have you beat vast majority of the time. Even if UTG is dumb I doubt he bets w.o an ace or king here. And you won't play him off a king no matter what. And you have MP to worry about.

Jeff
Old 10-02-2005, 11:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker 20/40 Hold'em (6 max, 10 handed) converter

UTG is 56/13/1.5 who loves the showdown
MP1 is 32/16/1.5 who seems to like foding postflop.

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 folds, UTG calls.

Worst flop imaginable. Guy betting into me seems to love the donkbet and rarely folds--the real concern is MP1. He folds and I feel a lot better when UTG just calls my raise.

Turn: (7.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

I figure I'm beating 99-JJ here and splitting with QQ. I def dont feel optimistic. However, his game is pretty straightforward and it seems like it would have been an easy c/r for him if the K helped him and the flop call of my raise suggests no A or a slowplay. Call OK?

River: (9.25 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting hand. I think the fact that he did not checkraise the turn, make this a call down. But I think you lose &gt; 50% of the time.
Old 10-02-2005, 11:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would give a lot of consideration to just folding the flop with MP behind you. One of them will have you beat vast majority of the time. Even if UTG is dumb I doubt he bets w.o an ace or king here. And you won't play him off a king no matter what. And you have MP to worry about.

Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to agree here...though I hate it. I've been getting a lot better at folding in these kinds of situations but its still an area i need to improve on.

MP's somewhat solid stats and UTG betting into both of us seemed awful on the flop and I think my flop raise may be the big mistake of the hand. One of those situations where you make a move out of frustration and and justify it in the back of your mind.

The turn card was what really threw me and his continued betting didn't really make sense with his limited flop agression.
Old 10-03-2005, 12:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to agree here...though I hate it. I've been getting a lot better at folding in these kinds of situations but its still an area i need to improve on.

MP's somewhat solid stats and UTG betting into both of us seemed awful on the flop and I think my flop raise may be the big mistake of the hand. One of those situations where you make a move out of frustration and and justify it in the back of your mind.

The turn card was what really threw me and his continued betting didn't really make sense with his limited flop agression.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that this is a fold on the flop, but I think it is a lot closer than it looks. I think you are about a 2.74:1 dog to be ahead of both players and are getting 2.5:1 effective odds on the call down.
Old 10-03-2005, 03:44 AM

just to be results oriented
villain shows J9s and MHIG