Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2005, 06:24 PM

Default TT in the BB

utg is 52/29/2.4 , sb is 42/8/.8 who has shown that he loves to donk the river

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, SB calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, SB calls.

River: (13.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, SB calls.

Final Pot: 17.50 BB
Old 11-14-2005, 06:46 PM

Default Re: TT in the BB

-I like 3-betting the flop since your overpair is so vulnerable, there is a flush draw, and the flop raiser has position on you.

-I like your turn play based on your flop call, although I think leading the turn is o.k. as well.

-I don't see any reason to raise the river... if utg has you beat, I doubt he's folding and sb's stats don't indicate he's a bluffer... he may be donking a flush, straight, pair, 2 pair here... who knows.. but I think you are usually making a crying call here more than anything else.
Old 11-14-2005, 06:49 PM

I love river donkers who still pay off after you raise. However, I think I go for the overcall here in case I am beat.
Old 11-14-2005, 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I go for the overcall here in case I am beat.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-14-2005, 10:29 PM

As far as the river goes, against most people this donk would probably be something that beats you. If you have a read that tells you it's bs, then the raise seems good.

In the future, stop the river action with your raise so people don't see what the villains do.