Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2005, 01:22 PM

Default Re: *RESULTS*

i really dont think anyone in the world is laying down 22 here.
Old 10-27-2005, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
after I moved in, he thinks for almost the whole time (which now a days isnt much) and calls with A K .

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you bet this river if you have AK?

[/ QUOTE ]

nearly every time.
Old 10-27-2005, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
he isnt a decent TAG if he played AK this way imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

sigh.

this was my opinion of him before this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

k sry, understood- thought you still had this opinion of him after the hand.
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Villain is pretty awful to go broke w/ 22 here.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you calling with66 here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Occasionally i may be calling w/ T8 here, however i think i fold 22 a fairly large % of the time given the action. I didnt phrase my post right... I should have said "villain is pretty awful imo to go broke w/ 22 here every time." Granted its a little easier for me to say i'd fold 22 knowing that you had 45 here, but i am honestly trying to be unbiased and think about this spot(villain's), which i've been in quite a bit (i play a lot of SH/HU 10/20 fwiw), and i think i would expect 45/33 as very likely holdings of yours (if i was villain). Obviously i am more likely to call w/ 66 than with 22, mainly because i think 33 is a very likely holding of yours.

Obviously after seeing that villain would call w/ AK here i think there is 0 chance he is folding a set, and if you played this same opponent again you should push the river in similar situations. However, if you were somewhat confident of your read that he was "A decent TAG" then i strongly dislike your line.
Old 10-27-2005, 02:15 PM

Default Re: HU: River Action

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't think a decent tag would pot bet river w a bluff after that action. I would think either less or more.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because you think this, it can't be true.
Old 10-27-2005, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he isnt a decent TAG if he played AK this way imo. That or decent means something different to you than to me. Villain is pretty awful to go broke w/ 22 here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Serious question. How many hands of heads-up NL hold 'em would you guess that you have played in the past month?
Old 10-27-2005, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Serious question. How many hands of heads-up NL hold 'em would you guess that you have played in the past month?

[/ QUOTE ]

really not an accurate guess... but if i needed to make an over/under i'd go w/ ~10k in october.
Old 10-27-2005, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

really not an accurate guess... but if i needed to make an over/under i'd go w/ ~10k in october.

[/ QUOTE ]
'Kay. I guess I just play against better opponents than you do.
Old 10-27-2005, 07:33 PM

Calling his pot bet on the turn seems quite poor, unless you're planning to bluff a heart, or are certain he'll pay off huge.

I like the river play.
Old 10-27-2005, 11:05 PM

ok, i like the CR...but why are you calling an overbet with a gutshot and 2 unders? I mean, i guess its nice to backdoor the nuts, because that disguises your hand. then again, hit your straight and you almost definitely stack him because you played it how you did. Just gimme your thoughts on calling the 125 so i can untangle my brain.
Old 10-27-2005, 11:33 PM

i agree. why are you calling this turn bet? there's next to nothing in the pot, and you're getting 2-1 to catch and 11-1 hand. that means for it to be profitable, you have to know he's paying off right? i could be wrong in that assesment, but i think the turn call is questionable.

as for the river, if i'm the villain i call with aces up and all sets, and easily muck a single pair. i like the allin move on the river, because it looks like you've missed a big hand like a pair and a flush draw. if i put the villain on AK i play it the same way, because anything less looks like you want a call, and the allin says im gonna buy this thing right now.