Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2005, 12:53 AM

Default QTs (a friends hand)

Friend of mines hand. He doesnt post here, but was curious what ppl would say on what to do.

Assume decent/good button.

3/6.

Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

utg limps, mp limps, Decent/solid Button raises, sb folds, friend calls in BB. limpers call.

Flop:T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

friend C/Rs, limpers fold, Btn 3bets. What is your plan from here?

1.Also, what do u do if button just calls your c/r, and raises your turn bet.

I think its nay possible to fold at all. I dont think u could fold in a short game, maybe a full game...but short I dont see how u can fold. Maybe u can.
Old 12-13-2005, 01:03 AM

Default Re: QTs (a friends hand)

Hi Oreo-

I agree, you need to call this down once 3-bet. Lots of decent/solid buttons would do this with exactly JTs and sometimes T9s. It really smells like an overpair, but I can't fold top pair to an overpair in shorthanded once a pot is heads up.

Assuming the turn isn't something scary, I probably call down if that's where the raise is as well. If it's a king or an ace, though, I consider folding after getting raised. I probably fold, unless the button makes too many moves.
Old 12-13-2005, 01:06 AM

I think it depends on what the turn card is.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it depends on what the turn card is.

[/ QUOTE ]

i bet-fold a turn A/K. Otherwise i call the turn bet and c/c the river unless it's an A/K which i consider c/f then probably don't.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:14 AM

Two things:

1. intresting, bet/fold a A/K turn. I was wondering how ppl would react to that, whether it was c/c or c/f or b/f. Anyway, I told him to c/c down how the hand was played. Good for most of u? Or to passive?

2. Here is another hand he gave me, tell me what u think of his line and what you would do.

BB is a decent player and probably raising a decent range of hands (maybe a little to loose on that range, his sb raising range is big to, even OOP.) Decent means postflop, hes not to shabby but not to great, definitly able to make moves though.

2/4 HU on stars. (BB is button in this structure. SB is out of postion)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB/Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

River: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks....

What is your turn and river?
Old 12-13-2005, 07:22 AM

man, HU, i was about to post differently.

I bet the turn and c/c the river. Pray button is going ape with QJ or maybe KQ, not an A or T.

If i'm raised on the turn, i thinky for long time and decide whether to call down. Thank god i dont play HU.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:23 PM

Out of position on all four streets, I'm just folding 95 preflop. Is that wrong? I have a hard time seeing how it could be.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:27 PM

Depending on how often he'll 3-bet overcards for a free card I bet/fold the turn. Preflop I think I fold, but just because I'm both OOP and I'm paying more than I am in the BB when HU is arranged the correct way.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:31 PM

I just call down. I might bet/fold the river since its an ace. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-13-2005, 06:45 PM

well, I'm peeling this flop after a three bet for sure. I need to reevaluate the turn. I'd possibly fold the turn, but, it should be noted that I do have a big habit of calling down after this flop three bet, and normally with bad results