Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2005, 11:37 AM

Default Is this collusion?

Hey all,

This should probably go in the zoo but I don't know them and I know you so I'm sticking it here.

Site unimportant. 1/2 6max. 5 handed.
UTG open limps, Hero raises TT, button folds, colluder 1 cold calls in the sb, colluder 2 3-bets in the BB, UTG calls and I call. Four to the flop for 12sb.

Flop is Q 7 2 rainbow.

colluder 1, who is short-stacked bets, colluder 2 raises, UTG folds, I fold, colluder 1 goes all in with 0.75c more than the raise. Colluder 2 thinks until his time almost runs out and then folds.
In the chat he writes, 'One for you bro, lol.'

Colluder 1 has J2, for a pair of twos.

Before I write to support please tell me that I'm not imagining things as I've never seen or had to deal with this before.

Thanks,
Adam.
Old 11-08-2005, 11:56 AM

Default Re: Is this collusion?

Sounds like their friends at least. Tough to prove, though. But not calling 75c at 1/2 is a little fishy.
Old 11-08-2005, 11:57 AM

Hey Adam-

I've never witnessed collusion myself (I think!), but I think this is more one donk feeling bad for another all-in donk and folding. Reasons:

1) Why risk getting caught by chatting at the table.

2) Don't colluders usually try to sit apart from each other so they can trap players in between - sitting next to each other doesn't seem optimal.

3) Why would colluder wait so long to fold.

This is just my logic, I'm sure there could be holes in it. Their betting is quite odd though so I can see why you suspect this.
Old 11-08-2005, 11:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sounds like their friends at least

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.
Old 11-08-2005, 12:02 PM

I assume you weren't thinking collusion prior to this hand, right? If you were, why not call down to see? The pots big & you may still be ahead. This isn't a long-run play, of course, but expected collusion isn't something you see everyday.
Old 11-08-2005, 12:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey all,

This should probably go in the zoo but I don't know them and I know you so I'm sticking it here.

UTG open limps, Hero raises TT, button folds, colluder 1 cold calls in the sb, colluder 2 3-bets in the BB, UTG calls and I call. Four to the flop for 12sb.

Flop is Q 7 2 rainbow.

colluder 1, who is short-stacked bets, colluder 2 raises, UTG folds, I fold, colluder 1 goes all in with 0.75c more than the raise. Colluder 2 thinks until his time almost runs out and then folds.

Before I write to support please tell me that I'm not imagining things as I've never seen or had to deal with this before.

Thanks,
Adam.

[/ QUOTE ]

As I read this the first thing I think about is the poor fish or two caught at a 2+2 Stars nano table with eight or nine of us LAGging it up preflop and on the flop. When we grab those tables it's arguably collusion as it's agreed that we're not playing in our "normal" fashion and any random player that gets stuck with us probably has a legitimate complaint.

The second thing that occurs to me is that maybe Colluder 2 has been reading Ken Warren (see Eskimo's Thread.)

That said, I'd go ahead and fire off an email to CS with the details. Might as well make 'em earn their keep.
Old 11-08-2005, 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sounds like their friends at least. Tough to prove, though. But not calling 75c at 1/2 is a little fishy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, not calling 75c when you've already raised $2 and the other player is all in. And they were friends, chatting the whole time. I emailed support and man they were fast. I got two emails back quick smart, the first the standard thank-you for bringing this to our attention sheet. The second email was from their fraud department and it seems that they're taking this pretty seriously. Doesn't get me that pot back though.
Old 11-08-2005, 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hey all,

Flop is Q 7 2 rainbow.

Thanks,
Adam.

[/ QUOTE ]

As I read this the first thing I think about is the poor fish or two caught at a 2+2 Stars nano table with eight or nine of us LAGging it up preflop and on the flop. When we grab those tables it's arguably collusion as it's agreed that we're not playing in our "normal" fashion and any random player that gets stuck with us probably has a legitimate complaint.

The second thing that occurs to me is that maybe Colluder 2 has been reading Ken Warren (see Eskimo's Thread.)

That said, I'd go ahead and fire off an email to CS with the details. Might as well make 'em earn their keep.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm..is 'hard' playing just as collusional as soft playing? Hmm..
Old 11-08-2005, 02:23 PM

sick 'em
Old 11-08-2005, 05:16 PM

Put them on your buddy list and watch if they frequently play at the same times at the same tables. Maybe that's an issue that support could determine.