Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 12-16-2005, 08:31 AM

Default my first cashout drama

after a bazillion cashouts i guess it had to happen but i'm curious if someone can shed some light on why it did

2 weeks ago i cashed out $5,000 from empire to neteller - 10 days later during a routine stocktake i wondered why my overall on-line bankroll seemed to have shrunk marginally when i was pretty sure i had been doing the winning thing - eventually i tracked down that my transfer hadnt happened

i e-mailed empire and got no response for 3 days so i e-mailed them again making it plain that i was not happy whilst still being polite - i get a response saying it cant be fixed by e-mail and i must ring

so today i ring - apparently my account has now be frozen as well as my transfer - huh ?

i'm told that the problem is that i played on my account from portugal (i live in australia) and that creates a security drama and i now have to give them a copy of my passport before my account will be unfrozen - i point out that in the last 18 months i have played from england portugal china japan and new zealand and that portugal was like 6 weeks ago and i have frequently played at empire without a problem since i got home - i get no sensible response

before i contemplate paranoia has anybody had this before ?

stripsqueez - chickenhawk
Old 12-16-2005, 08:54 AM

Default Re: my first cashout drama

I read about this before.
Someone palyed from Greek and got his account frozen.
He had to send a copy of ID and an utility bill or something that had his Greek address on it. So it's quite common.

It's a little strange that they freeze your account now and not when you played from other countries.
Just send them the papers they want and you'll be alright.
Old 12-16-2005, 09:15 AM

When I moved from the US to Ireland the same thing happened to me. It scared the crap out of me. I had to send them copies of my passport, US Drivers License, and a local Irish utility bill. It seems like a hassle, but they allow you to take digital photos of this stuff and email it, so it really isn't that bad.
Old 12-16-2005, 09:40 AM

Yes, my account was frozen when I played in Poland (I am Norwegian). I sorted everything out with security, and now I can play from here as much as I want.