Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2005, 10:16 AM

Default Turn in Multiway hand with TT

Party Poker (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 raises, CO calls, Hero calls, sb folds, BB calls, all limpers call.

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (8 handed)

Checked to MP3 who bets, CO calls, Hero raises, all call.

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (8 handed)

Checked to MP3 who bets, CO folds, Hero ?
Old 12-15-2005, 10:18 AM

Default Re: Turn in Multiway hand with TT

I'd call and river a straight. This guy isn't betting without at least a J here.
Old 12-15-2005, 10:25 AM

Hmm, isn't this a clear call? You're most probably behind, or do you mean you could raise this OESD for value? Well, two of your outs are dirty and even if they weren't you'd still need four additional callers, and since most of your opponents will fold for two beg bets I wouldn't raise this. I'd call and wouldn't mind a raise behind me.
Old 12-15-2005, 10:29 AM

I usually 3bet pf, curious why you didn't.
Old 12-15-2005, 10:37 AM

I thought about 3 betting PF, but I didn't. I thought I'd rather set up a situation where I could raise favorable flops.

Would the 6 on the flop being changed to some stupid rag like a 3 change anyone's mind?
Old 12-15-2005, 10:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Would the 6 on the flop being changed to some stupid rag like a 3 change anyone's mind?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't change my mind anyway. You still got an overpair with a backdoor straight and could very well have the best hand, and you would really like to get people with an overcard or something to fold, and hopefully people with weak gutshots fold (thus making a mistake).
Old 12-15-2005, 10:54 AM

I definitely would have waited for the turn to raise.
Old 12-15-2005, 10:56 AM

I'm sorry...I'm talking about the impact that would have on the turn decision if the 6 were a 3.

Basically, I'm looking at whether or not it's worth it to raise to try to get rid of some gutshot should the river come a T. Obviously a 7 wouldn't go anywhere there with the 6 being present.
Old 12-15-2005, 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Basically, I'm looking at whether or not it's worth it to raise to try to get rid of some gutshot should the river come a T. Obviously a 7 wouldn't go anywhere there with the 6 being present.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't worry about it now. After raising the flop, the worst you can offer a gutshot is 8.5:1 and even if you get every gutshot to fold, the T is still dirtied by any 7.
You won't add anything to your equity by raising here, just call.
Old 12-15-2005, 11:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I definitely would have waited for the turn to raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just realized that then the hand would look almost EXACTLY like the hand in the "Two Overpair Hands" -section in SSHE. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Calling is probably best then I assume, perhaps I sometimes have trouble applying the "waiting-for-the-turn-to-raise" concept.

By the way, wouldn't that apply to the original hand also, i.e. just calling the flop is an option? Or is the difference that in the original hand the board is more coordinated, meaning there are more scare cards, making pushing our edge by raising a better play?