Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 11-14-2005, 08:35 PM

Default Late position JT, raise from Button. Am I ahead on turn?

Just sat down and posted. $.50/$1 Empire poker.

Party Poker (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero checks, <font color="#666666">1 folds, Button raises to $1, 2 folds, Hero calls</font>.

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Turn: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero bets $1, Button raises to $2, Hero calls.

River: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero bets $1, Button calls.

Final Pot:

Flop: I planned to checkraise, and if 3-bet, call then c/f the turn.

On the turn, I figure his hand hasn't improved, so I bet out. How would you interpret the turn raise? I thought it was squirrely, which is why I also lead the river.
Old 11-14-2005, 09:07 PM

Default Re: Late position JT, raise from Button. Am I ahead on turn?

I can't see what button has. If he had AT or JJ+ he would probably have bet the flop, even if we don't have reads on him. So he's either slowplaying TT (the only tens that are left) or he's got like AK, trying to "stop" you from stealing the pot with your first aggressive move.

Since I belive we're ahead here most of the time, I would definitely have three-bet the turn.
Old 11-14-2005, 09:19 PM

The check on the flop is debatable. I'd probably bet right out there, giving him a chance to bluff-raise. Which is what I assume his turn raise is, I put him on two overcards that he doesn't want to let go.

I'm gonna say you won this pot.
Old 11-14-2005, 09:32 PM

This is an automatic raise preflop.
Old 11-15-2005, 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is an automatic raise preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]
Interesting. Is that because it's folded to me and there's only two players (and the blinds) behind me? Since I've already posted, why not try to buy the button?

"Since I belive we're ahead here most of the time, I would definitely have three-bet the turn. "
Perhaps what I should have done, since it does stand to reason that I'm ahead.

Bobb, what do you do if you lead out on the flop and get raised? The reason I didn't lead out is because if I bet and get raised, I don't know if he has missed overs, an overpair (JJ-AA), or AT. I figured by checking I could better define my hand, though I do risk the free card if he has overs.

Result:
<font color="white"> opponent was a moron who "slowplayed" his JJ on the flop. In subsequent pots he made ridiculous bluffs, in another pot he limped AA from UTG then checked the flop... a real grade A loser.</font>