Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2005, 07:24 PM

Default Re: Our own SHANIAC on TV tonight. Hopefully he gets some good air ti

[ QUOTE ]
Well, the CT Law hand took place after I was long gone, and the call vs Pham was different. Pham bet an amount that sure looked like a value bet but Gracz went with the 99 anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I should have paid more attention to the telecast. I was alternating between watching and a Fantasy Football draft and haven't bothered to re-watch the TiVO'ed episode yet. Excuse my ignorance not to see the differences in the situations. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Although I guess this answers my question if he went with the 9s against Pham with Pham's bet size.

[ QUOTE ]
At the time of my push, betting 120K into an 80K pot didn't seem like that much of an overbet. I took it for granted that ace-high would fold. And yes, obviously I believe I could have won the hand by betting on the flop, but the way Gracz was executing his reads and playing, I don't see why he necessarily would have folded ace-high on the flop either. I could easily see myself having bet, say, 50K, him calling, then check-calling the rest on the turn. Who knows, but if he thought his ace was good in the situation I created, it's possible he would have gone with me after firing off a more-reaosnable looking continuation bet on the flop. Hard to say.

[/ QUOTE ]

Makes sense. Interesting player, this Gracz is indeed...

Thanks again for your insight.
Old 09-03-2005, 04:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No offense, but I thought you came off as a bit of a tool.

[/ QUOTE ]

How could I possibly be offended by that? Actually, I tend to agree, but chalked it up to self-conscousness.

[ QUOTE ]
Everything you did seemed to me to be forced for the camera

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll have to go with the Dan Druff Defense--the producers made me do it.

Anyway, I appreciate your candor and I'm relieved that most people don't seem to share your feelings.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually thought you came off as a pretty cool guy.
Old 09-03-2005, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i thought you came off as "cool". perfectly ideal image for tv poker in my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Completely old-school road gambler type suave. No one would know from the broadcast that you're such a forum-dwelling poker geek. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

'Grats on the whole thing, and thanks on behalf of 2+2 for the strong representation.
Old 09-03-2005, 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i thought you came off as "cool". perfectly ideal image for tv poker in my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Completely old-school road gambler type suave. No one would know from the broadcast that you're such a forum-dwelling poker geek. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

'Grats on the whole thing, and thanks on behalf of 2+2 for the strong representation.

[/ QUOTE ]