Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2003, 03:20 AM

Default This is an easy fold, right?

Paradise .5/1. Table is LPB (loose, passive, brainless -- in one orbit, I've already seen people limp with QQ and KK.).

I'm on the button with Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. UTG calls, two MPs call, folded to me and I raise. Blinds call, as do the limpers.

FLOP: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB bets, BB raises, UTG folds, one MP calls, the other folds. I fold.

I played it as strongly as I could preflop, and I usually don't have problems putting the pedal down when I've got the best of it. My problem is knowing when to take it off. Was this a hand to do it, or did I Nancy-boy this one good?

I figured the overcard, the three-flush and that three kept playing before a PF raiser made it clear my 2nd pair was no good -- and that if I hit my 2nd-nut flush, it might not be any good either.

FWIW, SB won when he flopped bottom two pair (yep, 52o) and made a boat on the river. He took down the BB (holding A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img])for multiple bets on the flop and turn.
Old 10-27-2003, 03:23 AM

Default Re: This is an easy fold, right?

I think this is any easy fold
Old 10-27-2003, 03:25 AM

I don't think I would've folded the second nut flush draw.
Old 10-27-2003, 03:28 AM

I think that you probably have a call here, but I don't think that it is thin, and folding isn't a big mistake either.
Old 10-27-2003, 03:28 AM

I wouldn't fold the second nut flush draw getting 9:1.

You're getting enough of an overlay that even if someone has the Ad 50% of the time, it is still worth calling.

-- Homer
Old 10-27-2003, 03:34 AM

thingdo misreads boards too often even when it is printed and I can look at it for as long as I want to... thingdo is an idiot.
Old 10-27-2003, 03:34 AM

For one bet, I wouldn't have either. The hand that concerned me most was Adx, and I can't say I wouldn't have played what the BB had any differently. I was so far behind him, I needed a telescope to see him.
Old 10-27-2003, 03:42 AM

There're six live cards in other people's hands after everyone else folds on the flop and only one A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I don't know how to do that math to figure the odds, but it's pretty unlikely that this one specific card is in play.
Old 10-27-2003, 08:59 AM

Loose, passive, brainless players are generally scared of flops like this and won't be betting at it unless they already have a good to very good hand. You were acting behind a bet, a raise, and a coldcall. While I can understand the logic of staying in with a draw to the second nut flush, it may cost you a lot of bets to get to the river, and you still may not have the winner if a diamond falls.