Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2005, 12:45 PM

Default Accepting Daniel\'s Odds

Just repeating what I said on another thread that I would play Daniel, at the Wynn, accepting his ten percent rebate offer, if he will play for $10,000. Eight or Better Stud. 150-300, $25 ante, $50 bring in. No media publicity. Will play a second game at least, if I win the first.

This is not a challenge or even really an offer. Just a statement of fact. I expect Daniel will only consider playing to satisfy his curiosity. Without big money or publicity, its otherwise irrelevant to him.

And to those who think the 10-9 negates a significant skill difference, I also offered to LAY those same odds (10K to 9 K playing the same game) to anybody (other than Daniel) who criticized me (up to this point of course) on any of the threads involving this subject.
Old 05-19-2005, 12:49 PM

Default Repost of response

David I will happily take 5K of your action against Negreanu via FedEx'd cash or cashier's check getting 11:10, hassle free to you (no phone calls, cash in and go home or cash out). I am not wealthy or I would back the whole deal. It would be nice if you could hold it June 18-25 when I will be in Vegas but that's not critical.

As for your heads-up challenge, your tie is crooked (criticism criteria met), and would you play heads up pot limit or no limit holdem?

A suggestion: If you ever decide to do a little promotion, offering heads up matches for smaller stakes to 2+2ers would be well received here. Even at $3,000 you'd get a lot of interest and we'd all enjoy following the games. I'm sure there are people on here who could set up webcasting too.

Best of luck.

Matt
Old 05-19-2005, 12:59 PM

Default Re: Repost of response

Good luck David. I picked up a tell on daniel from watching him on TV about 1000 times. Everytime he is bluffing he blinks twice. lol. All kidding aside, good luck and take his money...both times.
Old 05-19-2005, 01:05 PM

Default Re: Repost of response

10k, that is funny. Doesn't Daniel tip that much...
Old 05-19-2005, 01:11 PM

Default Re: Accepting Daniel\'s Odds

[ QUOTE ]
Just repeating what I said on another thread that I would play Daniel, at the Wynn, accepting his ten percent rebate offer, if he will play for $10,000. Eight or Better Stud. 150-300, $25 ante, $50 bring in. No media publicity. Will play a second game at least, if I win the first.

This is not a challenge or even really an offer. Just a statement of fact. I expect Daniel will only consider playing to satisfy his curiosity. Without big money or publicity, its otherwise irrelevant to him.

And to those who think the 10-9 negates a significant skill difference, I also offered to LAY those same odds (10K to 9 K playing the same game) to anybody (other than Daniel) who criticized me (up to this point of course) on any of the threads involving this subject.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why on EARTH would YOU want no publicity?
Old 05-19-2005, 01:13 PM

comical.

regarding your offer to the general public: i would like to make a counter-offer to another type of challenge you proposed.

i would gladly take your 10:9 odds in a headsup match of games with arbitrarily decided rules.

we can either have a third party decide upon a new random game every 5 hands or so. or we can have a list of such "funny games" that have been created that we have no prior knowledge of and have one selected for the duration of the match by a third party.

my only requests are that the stacks are sufficiently deep as to mitigate the "luck factor".

pm me if interested.
Old 05-19-2005, 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why on EARTH would YOU want no publicity?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure he's been through this in the other threads.
Old 05-19-2005, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you play someone for $1,000 on PokerStars?
Old 05-19-2005, 01:41 PM

Could someone, David or other, explain to me why he wouldn't want to play Hold-em. I mean he's written about it, Daniel plays it, he plays it. I don't see the problem but im sure there is a reason that is over my head.
Old 05-19-2005, 01:42 PM

The answer is pretty straightforward: DS thinks he'll have a bigger edge in the game named than in heads-up hold'em.