Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2004, 08:51 AM

Default ACLU to sue to force Gay indoctrination at schools

Support of gays pushed in schools

The ACLU has threatened to file for a court order to enforce attendance.
Old 12-04-2004, 09:00 AM

Default Warning: A Washington Times article is invoked

This thread will need a strong disinfectant soon.

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 12-04-2004, 09:59 AM

Default Re: ACLU to sue to force Gay indoctrination at schools

I agree with alot of the things the ACLU does but, they are wrong in this spot. It is not the job of our government to teach us morality. I personally wouldn't mind schools having a chapter about gay sex in sex education classes, but a "tolerance training video" is designed specifically to teach our children how to think. We cannot allow the government to teach children moral values(even if we agree with them). The risk is just too great. All it takes is to put one psychopath in power.

"He alone, who owns the youth, gains the Future!"-- Adolf Hitler Hitler Youth

silly
Old 12-04-2004, 10:37 AM

Excellent post,

I agree. If we force morality on our children then we might as well force religion. Bad idea in both cases.
Old 12-04-2004, 11:20 AM

Default How about the Story from the Gay press:

The story from a liberal source, to satisfy Cyrus:

pridesource.com

Controversy lingers over student gay rights group

CANNONSBURG, Ky. - Ten months after the Boyd County school board settled a lawsuit over a student gay rights group, the controversy continues to divide the northeastern Kentucky community that surrounds the high school.

As many as one-third of the students have skipped the settlement's requirement of tolerance training, an hour-long video.

The American Civil Liberties Union, which brought the suit against the district, said it may return to court in an effort to enforce mandatory training for students who missed it.

And now the school district is facing a possible lawsuit from an Arizona-based law group affiliated with several conservative Christian organizations. The group wants the district to adopt a formal policy by Nov. 30 allowing students to opt out of the training.
Old 12-04-2004, 03:47 PM

Default Re: How about the Story from the Gay press:

Stupid, stupid, stupid. As a high-schooler myself, our high school does have these types of things, "Day of Respect, (gets you out of class)" and they do try to force attendance by making you absent every time you skip it.

Still, you're not going to get mandatory attendance. It's just not possible. Kids have better things to do than get a dose of brainwashing. My school is liberal and I've still heard things about it being called brainwashing.

Try to force attendance all you want. You can't make kids attend class any more than you can make kids attend this video. In fact, what that school does over there sounds much, much LAMER than what they try to do at my school.

Students really couldn't care less about this type of training. It gets you out of class, and that's all.
Old 12-04-2004, 04:10 PM

but a "tolerance training video" is designed specifically to teach our children how to think.

I agree 100%. Better the schools work on teaching math and reading skills. After all, that is their job.
Old 12-04-2004, 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but a "tolerance training video" is designed specifically to teach our children how to think.

I agree 100%. Better the schools work on teaching math and reading skills. After all, that is their job.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, and with all the lawsuits mentioned in the article, the school district (or the taxpayers) must now be broke.
Old 12-04-2004, 08:43 PM

Default You conservatives are incredible...

you realize they are doing this because homosexuals have been killed because of the ignorance regarding homosexuality in middle america? Maybe if it wasnt for christian rhetoric telling you conservatives who is wrong and who is right we might be able to get past murdering people or harrassing people for who they love...Teaching tolerance and "forcing gay indoctrination" are two VERY different things. The complaints that homosexual tolerance magazines do not provide parents with advice on how to raise their child in a "godly" way are absurd because there are at least 30 magazines i can think of off the top of my head that devote entire issues to how to raise your child in a "godly" way. But i guess 30 to 1 isnt a good enough ratio for the religious right.

This district seems like it has good reason to pursue homosexual tolerance. Not allowing groups that support homosexual students is a blatent attempt at anti-homosexuality, this community could certainly benefit from being taught some tolerance for others.

I am certainly not encouraging forcing education on people, but i would say that with some self reflection, maybe these people who refuse to let their children attend school on the day where homosexual tolerance is taught should realize that they might benefit from learning a bit of tolerance toward a group of people they seem scared to death of.

rj
Old 12-04-2004, 11:09 PM

I agree with alot of the things the ACLU does but, they are wrong in this spot. It is not the job of our government to teach us morality. I personally wouldn't mind schools having a chapter about gay sex in sex education classes, but a "tolerance training video" is designed specifically to teach our children how to think. We cannot allow the government to teach children moral values(even if we agree with them). The risk is just too great. All it takes is to put one psychopath in power.

While I agree that schools cannot be in the business of teaching morality. We do want schools to teach our students to think - and preferably think for themselves.

The tolerance video mentioned was not limited to Gay/Lesbian issues, in case people missed that.

It would be unfortunate (and IMO doubtful) if the ACLU sued people to sit and watch the video. However, it is clear that the people of KY do need some tolerance training!