Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2005, 04:30 PM

Default New to limit, Advice Needed

I'm an experienced NL player who decided to take a shot at limit. I kinda feel like the SSNL games are turning into nut-peddling contests. So I deposited 300 dollars to play the Party .50/1 and have done very well. Over 5K hands I've averaged 8.45 BB/100 and my bankroll is just shy of $700. I know I can move up to 1/2 at this point, but was thinking that I might want 500BB at 1/2 before I move up. Anyone else prefer a larger than standard bankroll for your given level?
Old 10-04-2005, 04:40 PM

Default Re: New to limit, Advice Needed

I play the limit I am most comfortable at. The 300 bb rule is a good one to go by, but if I withdrawl all but 300 and feel comfortable playing 1/2, I play 1/2. Don't get me wrong, I seldom play without the proper bankroll, but I'm not afraid to play higher with less than 300 bb's. Sometimes my roll is more than enough for 2/4. I'm also not afraid to drop dowm and rebuild if needed.

I recommend playing at your comfort level, not just your bankroll.
Old 10-04-2005, 04:40 PM

I have no problem moving up at 300 BB. (Then again, I have no problem moving down again at <150 BB.)

If you're finding that your hand-reading and game/seat selection skills have transferred over well, you already have a leg up on the vast majority of limit players.
Old 10-04-2005, 04:51 PM

You're killing the game! Don't take this the wrong way. But, you're probably running well too.

Move up if you're ready. Second, thought. Don't move up! Stay away from 1/2 and 2/4!! I don't want you taking my $ [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Bottom line. If you are comfortable moving up, do it. If not, hang back till you are.