Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2005, 12:58 AM

Default Re: NL $50, flopped braodway, turn brings flush

You call this turn? How do you put him on a set or two pair?
Old 02-03-2005, 02:39 PM

Being partypoker - if this player called your raise to make a flush. Then makes his flush and his hand, why go all in?

He was up against several oppononents, but his only concern now is a set, and a higher flush draw. The all in doesnt really makes sense for a made flush here, but then again neither do the plays a lot of PP players make.

I just get the feeling he did not like that heart, and was tied to this hand no matter what so he pushed. I believe you are still ahead.
Old 02-03-2005, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Being partypoker - if this player called your raise to make a flush. Then makes his flush and his hand, why go all in?

He was up against several oppononents, but his only concern now is a set, and a higher flush draw. The all in doesnt really makes sense for a made flush here, but then again neither do the plays a lot of PP players make.

I just get the feeling he did not like that heart, and was tied to this hand no matter what so he pushed. I believe you are still ahead.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't feel his raise made sense either. Thats why I posted it. I did fold here so I don't know what he had. I think he's either smart enough to bluff on a scare card, or is so dumb he doesnt even know what a check raise is. At party ya never know. I still don't think his line with two pair or a set makes sense either. Perhaps he could have just called to keep people in with the intent of pushing in the dark on the turn?
Old 02-03-2005, 05:42 PM

Raise to 5 preflop. This way you make it look like a semi-steal, get all the trash hands out, and still have some solid cards to play in great position. Now when you hit your hands, you don't have to bet weak since the pot will already be good sized. But since you only raised to 3 and got all those callers, I would raise on the flop to AT LEAST $20. Take it down right there, or force people to make a mistake. Don't be worried about giving away your hand...there are tons of draws/redraws out there, so you need to be overaggressive in this case. A push is not out of the question either.