Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 12-30-2005, 06:33 PM

Default scary river

mp1 is 27/10/2 after 100 hands. slightly passive on flop. more active on river.

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls.

Flop: (8.40 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls.

Turn: (5.20 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls.

i feel confident here. standard play i guess.

River: (7.20 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Hero ?

he is awake. pot not that big (10BB), but too big to fold?

any comment welcome.
Old 12-30-2005, 06:45 PM

Default Re: scar river

I see no reason to call this raise if he is not the least bit tricky but i have been getting my head bashed in lately so take this fwiw. I guess the only reason to pay this off would be to see what type of hand he plays this way and take note but i doubt your good here &gt;9% of the time.
Old 12-30-2005, 06:48 PM

Default Re: scary river

I play it the same.

I think standard reasoning applies on the river. You're probably beaten. But you have only one opponent, so don't fold for one bet.
Old 12-30-2005, 06:54 PM

I pay off this river as a default, you just have to pick off a bluff 9% of the time, plus you gain info on how this guy plays his hands that will maybe save you a bet in the future.
Old 12-30-2005, 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I play it the same.

I think standard reasoning applies on the river. You're probably beaten. But you have only one opponent, so don't fold for one bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi pdx what are we ahead of that a resonable player raises this river with besides a busted flush draw? Does someone with these stats really bluff/raise this river after we have shown this type of strength throughout the hand? From an expectation standpoint i doubt calling this river is profitable but this is just my opinion.
Old 12-30-2005, 07:53 PM

mp1 is 27/10/2 after 100 hands. slightly passive on flop. <font color="red"> more active on river. </font>

[ QUOTE ]
Does someone with these stats really bluff/raise this river after we have shown this type of strength throughout the hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

A tough, thinking TAG might do EXACTLY that...is he?

-ZEN
Old 12-30-2005, 08:24 PM

he did bluff. i called and won the pot. he had AQ off. he bet/raised the river quite some time (never saw a sd), so i went for a call.