Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-2005, 02:00 AM

Default 100NL full: Opponent is good and loose and capable of anything...

No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

CO ($92.00)
Button ($88.00)
SB ($138.00)
Hero ($320.00)
UTG ($99)
UTG+1 ($150.00)
MP1 ($110.00)
MP2 ($86.00)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG calls $1, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4</font>, UTG calls $4.

Flop: ($10.50) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $8</font>, UTG calls $8.

Turn: ($26.50) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $15</font>, UTG calls $15.

River: ($56.50) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $25</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $50</font>, Hero calls $25.

I can get away from a raise on the turn but not a size raise on the river it seems. I can also slow down on the turn but I put my opponent on an overpair so I wanted value. Villain could've simply had an overpair or a busted draw but then maybe they would've bet more than the minimum.

Any thoughts on this?
Old 12-29-2005, 02:07 AM

Default Re: 100NL full: Opponent is good and loose and capable of anything...

I'll check/call the river. other than that. fine.

Edit: reason being you are OOP with an overpair, and you don't want to be facing a raise on the river.
Old 12-29-2005, 03:35 AM

Check call the river seems optimal...but as played I would fold to the min river raise, why is he going to wait to min raise the river with just an overpair ? He has to know what you have by now if he is good like you said. 67s ships just came in too. No one is bluff raising the river with a min raise, he is sucking value you out of you because he knows what you have and knows that you will call.
Old 12-29-2005, 03:37 AM

I smell a set. If I spiked a set on a board like that in a raised pot I'd play it the same way villain did.
Old 12-29-2005, 03:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Edit: reason being you are OOP with an overpair, and you don't want to be facing a raise on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Out of curiousity, what are you putting villian on here? If you check/call the river on this board, what do you need to bet? A set or better? Seems too weak to me...

As played, looks fine.
Old 12-29-2005, 03:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Out of curiousity, what are you putting villian on here? If you check/call the river on this board, what do you need to bet? A set or better? Seems too weak to me...

As played, looks fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's not weak to not fire three times with an overpair
Old 12-29-2005, 03:50 AM

So we think UTG must have a set here?
Old 12-29-2005, 03:52 AM

Also, he could have 88, 99, TT and put you on ace-high... unfortunately the 88 catches up with you. Your bets are not pot sized, therefore could be interpreted as weak... but I have no idea how much you've been betting in the past.

I do note that as the streets go on, you bet a lower and lower percentage of the pot.
Old 12-29-2005, 03:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if you check/call the river on this board, what do you need to bet? A set or better? Seems too weak to me...

[/ QUOTE ]
TPTK and overpairs need only two value bets without a read. For exactly reasons like this.

Edit: you dont want to play a big pot oop with unimproved overpair. In position you can value bet that river or call if bet to.

Edit2: it should be obvious why you dont want to play big pots oop with vulnerable hands..
Old 12-29-2005, 03:55 AM

Getting raised on the river sucks, still gotta call tho. Check call river is ok, but I think its more optimal to just fire 3 barrels on a board like this.