Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-23-2005, 11:17 PM

Default Cap preflop; cap the flop; bet the river?

MP3 = 58.7 VPIP; 1 PRF; .56 TAF about 90 hands
CO = 20.37/11/1.87 over 216 hands
SB = 26.75/8.81/3.46

Full Tilt Poker ($2/$4 Limit Hold'em) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
MP2 folds, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB folds, MP3 calls, CO calls.

SB thought for a little then calls before the timer runs out.

Flop: (16.5 SB) [3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (19.25 BB) [3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
MP3 checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls.

River: (22.25 BB) [3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
MP3 checks, CO checks, Hero ???.

Not sure if I should bet here and hope that someone will fold a small [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or if I should just check behind and pray MHIG.

I don't mind so much that the donk is along for the ride because I've seen him call with air too many times. I called him down on an earlier hand with Q7o and my Q high won. When I'm not raised on the turn I think I'm good but I really don't like the final heart landing.
Old 12-24-2005, 01:31 AM

Default Re: Cap preflop; cap the flop; bet the river?

Check through. they aren't folding a small heart and they are folding most of the things that you beat.
Old 12-24-2005, 01:33 AM

Good hand sir.
Old 12-24-2005, 01:34 AM

I have a hard time betting this river because I want to show it down. You're now in the position to control how many bets go into this large pot(although the bet count's look wrong). I'd be happy checking behind and winning this 16bb pot. nh.
Old 12-24-2005, 01:44 AM

If they're loose, bet, if they're tighter, check.

Betting should be a consideration here.
Old 12-24-2005, 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Am I correct to assume that if you bet it, you need to be able to fold to a c/r?
Old 12-24-2005, 02:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Am I correct to assume that if you bet it, you need to be able to fold to a c/r?

[/ QUOTE ]

God yes
Old 12-24-2005, 03:15 AM

They weren't folding to all that other action so I couldn't see them folding on the river so I checked. I hesitated though because I wasn't sure about a bet on the river.

MP3 shows 55
CO shows KQ

No hearts and MHIG! This really surprised especially the guy with the "TAG" stats.
Old 12-24-2005, 05:39 AM

What if Hero has KK, does this change whether we bet or check? (KK beats every pair/2pair/trips and only loses to the flush) so it increases the range we beat. However AK probably beats everything but the flush here.

I would bet/fold. I used to check through here and I doubt any guy check/raises this river.