Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-21-2005, 07:01 AM

Default Re: The toughness of games at absolute

[ QUOTE ]

They're definitely a lot swingier than Party was. Guess that's a function of having a smaller edge.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm the opposite--Party is swingier that AP. You're dealing with less maniacs and lagtards and more tighter players (who btw still have serious flaws in their postflop game).
Old 12-21-2005, 07:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
well the rb is better at 3/6 and 5/10 games, as u move past 10/20 its probably better to go off site as u get less and less return in terms of bb. Still a good way to build a roll at a decent clip at the 3/6 to 10/20 games though. Past that, Id look for better games elsewhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

10/20 is still good if you mostly play for that magical RB% they offer. Not too many games going at once, but you still get a hefty paycheck at the end of the month with 25+k hands/month.

I'd wager that less than 5% (I'm being generous) of people who play the party 10/20 make more than a slightly above breakeven winner with 100% RB at AP.
Old 12-21-2005, 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone interested in swapping usernames?

[/ QUOTE ]

If anyone is intrested in this, PM me and I will PM my user name back to you.
Old 12-21-2005, 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I quit these games. I was doing fine, but I can make more at Party, even without a 10k rakeback check every month.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, that's one out. When are the rest of you f'ers leaving?
Old 12-21-2005, 08:41 PM

Only a month ago it seems like there were an ok supply of bad players in the game. Last 2 weeks though it seems every time I open absolute its hard to find a remotely good game to play in.
Old 12-21-2005, 08:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Only a month ago it seems like there were an ok supply of bad players in the game. Last 2 weeks though it seems every time I open absolute its hard to find a remotely good game to play in.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is especially the case at 5/10. Levels 10/20 and up its a little different, but 5/10 is pretty tight, both full and short games. But if the rb return is not as good 10/20 and up, why play crappy games? There is no reason unless you like palying better competition (I like it actually, more fun, but it doesnt net you as much monies)

I see posters I know playing in some horrible games sometimes.
Old 12-21-2005, 08:59 PM

Seems to be a lot of players just grinding out their bonuses and giving little action at Pacific. However, a skilled LAG could find opportunity there IMO
Old 12-21-2005, 09:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this. Could be just coincedence, but I've found the 5/10 games notably harder in the past week or so.

Today, every freakin time I raised pf, it was invariably followed by a 3-bet and a little war would break out on the flop.

Is this what life is like at higher limits at other places?
Old 12-21-2005, 10:25 PM

I think it's a sort of interesting phenomenon, which rebuts the argument made by some that a poker site wants winning players in its game (because they help keep games going).

When there are too many tough players, a losing gambler type jumps in these game and gets flayed quickly enough that he can really notice it. If he doesn't lose all his money, he will likely decide to play somewhere else.

Absolute has a fair number of games running, but I wonder how healthy these games really are.
Old 12-22-2005, 12:51 AM

WhaT kind of WR numbers is everyone putting up at AP? Does anyone have a significant sample like 100K or so at 5/10 or above?

I have like 65-70K at 5/10 and am at .7BB/100. In this period i have had two 300BB downswings and one 400BB downswing so the variance is awful with such a low WR and a tough game.

Staying off tilt is definintely my main focus but when running bad it always seems like someone is pushing me around. So I get my spew on quit often over there.