Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 12:26 PM

Default Re: Who the hell IS this guy?

[ QUOTE ]
If it's a statistical fluke, it's a big one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to be too harsh, but the only "statistical fluke" I see is that this thread has survived for 7 hours without being locked. Seriously, sample size, yada yada.

[ QUOTE ]
If not, how is he making these numbers work?!? He always seems to be at the looser tables, doesn't do anything obviously dumb. Just plays a TON of hands and wins a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like a winning combo to me. Probably just one-tables, and pays attention. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not looking for vengence for suckouts, only down ~35bb against him in 550 hands. I just want to know how someone puts up these numbers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course you're not. Nice "bad streak" post.
Old 12-01-2005, 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really don't see that much wrong except for the VPIP. 10BB/100 is not that outlandish at that level and it's very few hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think saying that 10bb/100 at .5/1 isn't outlandish is a pretty outlandish statement.
Old 12-01-2005, 12:39 PM

LAGs have a better chance of staying in the green longer than they should (compared to LPPs) because their variance is so much higher.
Old 12-01-2005, 04:25 PM

My stats for .25/50

5k hands.
30% VPIP
9.5% PFR
2 AF

12.47BB/100
[img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img][img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 12-01-2005, 08:02 PM

"Sounds like a winning combo to me. Probably just one-tables, and pays attention."

At the risk of keeping a thread going that you want killed, I have to report that this player (starts with Y, contains A and H) always three tables, never chats, and never even responds to others' chat. I think he IS paying as much attention as one can under such circumstances, but he's profiting from players who are loose preflop and then fold to his postflop aggression. As I said previously in this thread, he'll generally give it up if you play back at him.
Old 12-01-2005, 08:28 PM

Those about look like my stats for .50/1.00 six max, for about the same sample size. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I'm just waiting for the other end of variance to kick in. Think I should tighten up??

Steve
Old 12-01-2005, 09:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Sounds like a winning combo to me. Probably just one-tables, and pays attention."

At the risk of keeping a thread going that you want killed, I have to report that this player (starts with Y, contains A and H) always three tables, never chats, and never even responds to others' chat. I think he IS paying as much attention as one can under such circumstances, but he's profiting from players who are loose preflop and then fold to his postflop aggression. As I said previously in this thread, he'll generally give it up if you play back at him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I'm 99% sure I know who you're talking about. In my database, he's -0.60 BB/100 through 614 hands. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 12-01-2005, 10:06 PM

That's the guy. So the #'s I have are possible. And you're right, he CAN be bullied. He must spend a lot of time on table selection and take great notes. Plays exceptionally well OOP, and steals like a master. Wonder if he could pull it off at a higher level?

Thanks for all the info. Guess this guy got under my skin 'cause he's got my leaks plugged. My VPIP is high (not near 30, though), but my postflop play isn't good enuf to make up for it. My AG is a little low, too, all streets. Getting better at steals, but will probably never PFR 19%. Can't beat him, can't join him. Well, I've found some stuff to work on in my game, time to get off my butt and do it.
Old 12-02-2005, 06:45 PM

I haven't been around 2+2 for very long but I already know bozlax's posts are the ones to read.
Old 12-02-2005, 06:51 PM

I am locking this thread. This is essentially a stat discussion, and a low-content one at that. Anyone with any concerns, or who would like to reopen this discussion, please PM me.
-Racious
Closed Thread