Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2005, 08:34 AM

Default How Much Luck Needed To Make Final Table?

I just finished sixth in local B&M MTT $35 buy in.I only played about 15 hands TAG.I thank you all for the advice given.

At first table one guy built massive chip lead and blew it all in 15 minutes.He would call any raise with any paint or ace with any kicker and suck out.

At second table we were near bubble and one lady had one chip left in BB. Blinds were T4k/8k.She just started going all in pre flop with every hand until she had t85k. There were 228 players that started with t2200.There were two other people at this table that were calling every bet with any paint or ace and had big stacks.I am BB with 99. 2 callers to SB who pushes all in for t12k.I call and other 2 call.SB has JAo, the other 2 A4s. A7o and they both laugh at me for calling with "just a small pair". Pair wins 2 players gone and one cant make the next blind.

We get to the final table of 8 and 3 of the other 7 were from the last table. They were calling stations that got there on 100% pure luck.Blinds were t10k/20k and I only had t80k. I was card dead. I am BB with 34s and saw free flop with button. Flop 456. I had flush draw, open ended str8 draw and bottom pair. Button goes all in for t15k I call and miss and she has K5o.

I didnt realize how much luck was involved in making final table. Me, for dodging bad beats and at least 3 others for playing any 2 cards and wishing.
Old 08-14-2005, 04:36 PM

Default Re: How Much Luck Needed To Make Final Table?

bump
Old 08-14-2005, 07:41 PM

If I were you I would come back to this tournament as much as possible.
Yeah, it does take a lot of luck to win, but the way these guys play, once you get a run of decent hands you should dominate.
P.S. On your last hand you should probably be pushing, not calling.
Old 08-14-2005, 08:03 PM

I played 6 times so far this year. It is once a month. I usually finish beiween 20-30th.I always get knocked out with best hand so I cant complain.

The interesting thing about last night was that if it was an internet tourny there would be a bunch of " internet poker is rigged" posts somewhere.

One guy went all in with A4o and got called by 88. Guy with A4 thought his hand was better than pocket 88. Flop was A48 and he said to the other guy " I had you until the flop" and went on to explain why A4 was better than middle pocket pairs. This was one of chip leaders.