Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which blind structure would make most interesting game
200xBB or more 60 49.59%
100xBB is just fine 44 36.36%
50xBB 13 10.74%
even less ! 4 3.31%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-02-2005, 04:58 AM

Default Re: Would you be a winning player at your level if...

[ QUOTE ]
I think it would be very very difficult for anyone to be a winning player at the 215s who sat out the first two levels. I think I could do it though and for the rigt price I'll try.

[/ QUOTE ]

good luck peter. you will need it. holla
Old 10-02-2005, 06:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Raptor wrote:
[ QUOTE ]
I think this idea of sitting out the first 2 levels is very -ev. At the beginning of hand 1, the worst players and the best players all have the same number of chips. At the end of hand 20, there is a very good chance that a bad player has given away all of his chips, I want to give myself every chance to get those chips.
Even if you could be a winning player while sitting out level 1 and 2, why would you even consider it?

[/ QUOTE ]

why would you consider it? to maximize the number of tables played. at the lower buyins, your skill advantage doesnt stem as much from early level play as much as it does from playing when the blinds get bigger. you can add more tables instead of playing hands early.. it makes your $/hr shoot way up. who cares about roi. $/hr is all that matters.

if you are playing a 109+, then obv sitting out the first 2 levels is very -ev, and may make you a losing player. in fact, it more than likely would. in the 109s and 215s, you can pick up a lot of chips just being aggressive in the first couple levels. to not have that ability is very very bad. in the 22s and such, the first couple levels are useless to me. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

i kinda stagger. if i bust out at lvl1 or 2 (which is often - see below), i start a new game. but not after lvl2. i get too confused. but i guess i could also rearrange windows so that new games are clustered in one place. Thx for giving me the idea Raptor [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

as for sitting out lvl1+2, it depends on your play style.

My 8-10th place finishes = ~20%. but my roi over the past 1000 SnGs is 15% at $55. (i play very aggressively, and take coin flips early.)

so my ITM would probably go up if i sat out lvl1+2, but i have no idea what effect it will do to my ROI. i will probably need to change my strategy since i rarely enter lvl4 with ~850 chips. it's usually 1500+ or <600.

hm.. i might give it a try as an experiment since currently, i'm -.02bb at lvl2, and -.04bb at lvl3. [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 10-02-2005, 12:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This reminds me of something...First name basis.....RUHOROOHH
holla
Old 10-02-2005, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This reminds me of something...First name basis.....RUHOROOHH
holla

[/ QUOTE ]

well we no each other in rl so its cool. holla
Old 10-02-2005, 03:30 PM

I know, I just remeber a post when someone else called him Peter and you made the first name basis comment so I had to give you some crap for it. But your lucky, you've only known him for a few years, I've known him since before he was pwning sng's [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-03-2005, 04:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a feeling that sitting out 2 levels and still winning over the long run would be significantly more difficult than most people here realize.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sitting out Levels 1 and 2 would cost me on average over 141 chips. I'd prolly barely be winning sitting out.