Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which blind structure would make most interesting game
200xBB or more 60 49.59%
100xBB is just fine 44 36.36%
50xBB 13 10.74%
even less ! 4 3.31%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-02-2005, 01:10 AM

Default Re: Would you be a winning player at your level if...

I think the odds of getting a premium hand are 1 in 15 (correct me if Im wrong), so its not too uncommon for me to fold my first 20 hands anyway.
Old 10-02-2005, 01:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i open shove with QQ, KK, AA for lvls 1-2 when im 20+ tabling

[/ QUOTE ]

Would u mind telling your ROI, over how many sngs. I actually play early stage, and I think its a HUGE boost to my ROI (which is probably lower than yours). Maybe I dont understand how complex bubble play is cuz it seems pretty clear cut most of the time for me.

Brian
Old 10-02-2005, 01:27 AM

Did you steal one of Raptor's aliases?
Old 10-02-2005, 02:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
While it's not surprising, it saddens me to see that 90%(!) of people here think they can pass up the 20 hands in which they're most likely to accumulate chips (with minimal risk) and still beat the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you disagree that someone with a true ROI of 15% would still beat the game, which just means having a positive ROI, while skipping the first 20 hands? It's not like folding all those hands is so far from the usual play anyway.
Old 10-02-2005, 02:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you disagree that someone with a true ROI of 15% would still beat the game, which just means having a positive ROI, while skipping the first 20 hands? It's not like folding all those hands is so far from the usual play anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be very close, and very dependant on which part of the game was their strongest.

My ROI is >15 and I voted no, for whatever that's worth.
Old 10-02-2005, 02:25 AM

i think i would be a winning player at the 100s because i rarely win chips in the first 2 levels anyway
Old 10-02-2005, 02:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
point taken, but how many people does this really apply to? If you aren't 20 tabling the 22s, then this isn't really an issue, right?
Also, are you saying that when you are playing large numbers of tables that you are starting them in staggerd sets and picking up the new ones in progress when the furthest along finish?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, when im playing large numbers of tables, i start them as soon as i bust. i never stagger. i dont care what lvl the tournament is on. there are so many that everything staggers itself anyways.

as far as playing early stages in the 22s and such, my roi would probably go up 5-7% if i played the best early game possible. i open shove with QQ, KK, AA for lvls 1-2 when im 20+ tabling. just fyi. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

you're that donkey....
Old 10-02-2005, 03:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
point taken, but how many people does this really apply to? If you aren't 20 tabling the 22s, then this isn't really an issue, right?
Also, are you saying that when you are playing large numbers of tables that you are starting them in staggerd sets and picking up the new ones in progress when the furthest along finish?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, when im playing large numbers of tables, i start them as soon as i bust. i never stagger. i dont care what lvl the tournament is on. there are so many that everything staggers itself anyways.

as far as playing early stages in the 22s and such, my roi would probably go up 5-7% if i played the best early game possible. i open shove with QQ, KK, AA for lvls 1-2 when im 20+ tabling. just fyi. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

you're that donkey....

[/ QUOTE ]

yes im that donkey getting filthy rich off of people playing awful poker. holla
Old 10-02-2005, 03:48 AM

this is how i played the 33's and i beat them up pretty good
Old 10-02-2005, 04:11 AM

I think it would be very very difficult for anyone to be a winning player at the 215s who sat out the first two levels. I think I could do it though and for the rigt price I'll try.