Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2005, 02:36 AM

Default Some 30+3 hands I need you to look at and my first 150 results

After 4 days of playing 50 a day (took 2 half days) I have finished up 150 SNG's. My results are winning $333 + $121.5 in rakeback for a total gain of $454.5 and around 10% ROI after rakeback. My long term goal is 10% ROI before rakeback, but I did have a rough start and I feel I was overall unlucky over the course of these 150 SNG's, especially in heads up matches. The thing is the last 2 tournaments I played I won, so clearly this could very easily be a much worse result. Either way im happy with this as it is my first few days and im just getting used to the grind. I lost my first 100 SNG stats so from now on im not going to refer to them, they where breakevenish anyway . Now I have my stats in order on SNG tracker and a solid day to start my confidence up high. I promise not to bore you guys with results again until I get a decent sample size, but in the meantime please continue to help me out with hands im not sure on. Thanks alot and all responces will be greatly appreciated.

Hand #1

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (9 handed) converter

Button (t730)
SB (t1175)
BB (t1600)
UTG (t700)
UTG+1 (t735)
MP1 (t605)
MP2 (t820)
MP3 (t715)
Hero (t920)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls t30, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls t30, Hero calls t30, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (t150) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t90</font>, SB folds, BB calls t90, MP1 folds, MP3 folds.

Turn: (t330) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: (t330) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets t80</font>, Hero calls t80.

Final Pot: t490

Raised the flop to take it down right there/ see if I was up against a slowplayed big hand/ isolate a bad player with overcards, this is really my biggest question on this hand, should I check in this spot with so many players to the flop? Turn I checked in case he hit something or was still slowplaying. River seemed like an easy call with 330 in the pot, did I play this hand right?

Hand #2

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (9 handed) converter

Hero (t780)
SB (t1710)
BB (t565)
UTG (t950)
UTG+1 (t695)
MP1 (t765)
MP2 (t595)
MP3 (t1520)
CO (t420)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls t50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls t50, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t780 (All-In)</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to t1510</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 folds, CO folds.

Flop: (t2440) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Turn: (t2440) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: (t2440) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t2440

Is this too agresive with 16bb?

Hand #3

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (8 handed) converter

BB (t2720)
UTG (t625)
UTG+1 (t1370)
MP1 (t270)
MP2 (t730)
CO (t420)
Button (t355)
Hero (t1510)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (t60) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks.

Turn: (t60) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t30</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to t70</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t200</font>, BB calls t130.

River: (t460) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets t700</font>, Hero calls t700.

Final Pot: t1860

Should I have led out on the flop, if so, how much? Do you like the turn play and the amouns that I raised? Can I fold on this river? I think I probably should have, but I HAD TO see what he had.

Anyway any responces would be very appreciated, thanks.
Old 08-01-2005, 03:17 AM

Default Re: Some 30+3 hands I need you to look at and my first 150 results

Hand one looks good I play it the same.

I don't like your play on hand two. I limp or fold here. I don't think you are near desperate enough to be pushing AJo here.

Hand 3 I lead the flop for 40 or 50. I'd sometimes lead the turn and three bet all in if raised. Against some opponents I'd lead the flop and c/r the turn. Given the way you played it, I probably call the river too out of curiosity, b/c I'd think he'd bet the FD in position on the flop.

However, given the strength you showed on the turn, the villian likely expects to be called, and therefore probably has you beat.
Old 08-01-2005, 03:44 AM

Hand 1:
Bet on the turn, if he hit his 10 or has over pair he will re-raise substantially

Hand 2:
Agree with Burno, no need for an all in with 16 BBs left

Hand 3:
Very dependent on the Villian. IF he has been conservative and seems like he knows what he is doing, he recognizes your strength on the turn and wants your call. I would ahve called the river on two pair here, probably to look into an A high flush... But hey, you gotta risk it sometimes eh!
Old 08-01-2005, 04:01 AM

Also in a similar position to you. Recently started playing $33 SNGs as well, running good so far [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. Don't get too caught up with your results as 150 tourneys is only going to give you a vague indication if anything.

Hand #1. Fine. I would play almost exactly the same way. Some people might check/fold their pair if they don't make a set but usually such a flop bet will give you the pot. Easy call on the river with ~5:1 odds.

Hand 2. Definately too aggressive here. With 16BB and AJo you are in really bad shape if you get called here. Wait until you have 10BB or less before making pushes like this.

Hand 3. I would have bet the pot at least on the turn as 2 pair is fairly vulnerable and you both are relatively deep stacked for a SNG. After his tiny raise, makes me think he has a weak ace I think your raise to T200 is also fine. The river is tough. You check signals weakness and fear that he has a flush, but I don't feel comfortable betting a decent amount here either. His T700 bet given your previous strength on the turn he is putting you to a difficult decision representing the flush. I really don't buy his 'story', checking flush draw on flop then min raising on the turn, allowing you to reraise. But then again I've invested T230 in the pot and still will have a comfortable stack if I fold. Sometimes you need to take risks but this early I think you can find a safer spot. If he made a bluff or has A8/x good for him, he outplayed me, risking 700 more for 430 and I'm fine with that. I'm still in a decent position for entering Level 4+.
Old 08-01-2005, 08:20 AM

#1 I like the use of position &amp; analysis here.

#2 Terrible w/ 15.6 bb left. This is probably terrible /w 10bb and the same action.

#3 I bet the for t45, then t100 (into a t150) pot and then evaulate given his previous &amp; reads. However, blindly making the turn re-raise is bad because you don't have much information. This information would be more avaiable had you bet the flop. Regardless, the river you muck because you can still do lots of damage w/ the stack still left in tact.

=\
Old 08-01-2005, 11:09 AM

Hand 1: Fine.

Hand 2: This is a death wish raise. You have enough chips to do something other than jam, and AT/KJ isn't calling you here.

Hand 3: I bet T30-45 on the flop. Then I bet the turn, 1/2-3/4 pot again.

Why didn't you bet the river here? By checking, you're saying "take this pot away from me!" And he's evidently hearing what you have to say. If you bet something like T200 and he raises, you can be fairly sure your 2p is beaten and fold without regret (just about nobody in the $33s is raising that river with something worse than 2p).

That said, this river decision is pretty difficult, and it's very read dependent. I've been running hot recently when it comes to picking off bluffs, but even so...ugh. I guess I fold and cry when he shows A3o.

I guess I'll justify this fold with two reasons. 1) I think I'm beat more than 40% of the time in this spot (maybe a flush, or a weirdly played set, or something), so I'm not getting the pot odds I need to pick this off, though the overbet does reek of a bluff and fill me with curiosity. 2) My stack is at a point where I'm comfortable. If I double up, I'm practically a lock to get ITM. If not, I have enough to do a bit of bullying (and outplaying) on the bubble.