Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2005, 03:42 PM

Default An interesting heads up hand in the $55\'s

I have limped in Villains blind twice in a row and both times he has pushed and I have folded.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t400 (2 handed) converter

BB (t4230)
Hero (t5770)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
Hero calls t200, BB checks.

Flop: (t800) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets t400</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t1000</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to t3830 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls t2830.

Turn: (t8460) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: (t8460) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t8460

He thought for quit a long time before pushing, and I decided I could not put him on the A or he would have pushed pre flop given his prior history, the only hands I was worreid about where 5j-K or 53, and getting 2-1 I decided to make the call, what are your thoughts?

Also here is a random hand that im not sure on but I have a feeling its standard one way or the other.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (5 handed) converter

UTG (t2545)
MP (t3880)
Button (t1305)
SB (t1715)
Hero (t555)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls t200, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (t500) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t355 (All-In)</font>, MP folds.

Final Pot: t855

It worked, but looking at it now im not sure if this is correct. Maybe I should just shove pre flop in this hand? but that too seems wrong since its obvious I have more fold equity checking and pushing the flop, what are your thoughts?
Old 08-06-2005, 03:53 PM

Default Re: An interesting heads up hand in the $55\'s

[ QUOTE ]
I decided I could not put him on the A or he would have pushed pre flop given his prior history, the only hands I was worreid about where 5j-K or 53, and getting 2-1 I decided to make the call, what are your thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lets re-think this, he pushed your limps the last two times. Why is he going to do this agian when he has an ace, or a high pocket pair in his hand??

Why didnt you push if you thought you had the best hand after the villains bet. You are just giving him odds on a straight or flush draw...

I'm guessing he turned over a pp higher than 5's

Hand 2

[ QUOTE ]
It worked, but looking at it now im not sure if this is correct. Maybe I should just shove pre flop in this hand? but that too seems wrong since its obvious I have more fold equity checking and pushing the flop, what are your thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

This would be the stop-n-go, which works very well for that flop.
Old 08-06-2005, 04:04 PM

I defently think he is pushing Ax into me after I limp in, but might slowplay a higher pocket pair, pushing after his min raise never occured to me, and now that I think about it is probably the correct play, anyone want to confirm this to me?
Old 08-06-2005, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I defently think he is pushing Ax into me after I limp in

[/ QUOTE ]
Im assuming your confidence in this is due to reads so ill flame myself on my initial reply. I think the push move still holds true, and would be the only error in your line.
Old 08-06-2005, 04:41 PM

BTW he had J3 but ended up rivering his J.
Old 08-06-2005, 04:43 PM

One note...every time that I push against a limp headsup, my raising standards will get tighter for each successive limp. I will basically raise with any ace here against the first 2 limps, but after that I might just check a lot of the weaker aces, because I know that after one makes this move twice, the opponent then has a much higher % of trapping.