Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 11-11-2005, 05:13 PM

Default Re: **Official ADANTHAR $1k MiniStep Challenge**

Interesting challenge. GL Adanthar.

What's your Party ID if you don't mind my asking? I've been playing these mini steps lately, and wouldnt mind sweating you.
Old 11-11-2005, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

And if you count that he actually WINS the step 5, when he wins the bet, he only has to win like 20% of the time

[/ QUOTE ]

He doesn't need to take the bet to play the ministeps, so the amount that he earns through playing doesn't really matter.

Of course, we all agree that adanthar is hugely +EV in the ministeps (a la the fact that nobody's said he's completely insane yet, and this bet is clearly insane for anyone who's break even or a little +EV).

Gl, adanthar; be really cool if you make the full 3k off of a $6 investment.
Old 11-11-2005, 05:17 PM

I concur and would put my money on Adanthar. Now, if this was OOT whoever loses this bet would be banished from the island [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-11-2005, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I will buck the trend and say my boy Adanthar has the best of it. I have my reasons, and they go beyond mere nepotism.

[/ QUOTE ]

So do I. I'll spell it out later but I want other thoughts.

[ QUOTE ]

If you want to know why, do 2 things:

1) Look at the payout structure for mini step 1, and see what place you need to get to get a "try again, step 1" freeroll (or better).

2) Log onto Party, pull up the list of mini step 1s, look at number of players left, and the level.

Adanthar will have far more than 6 shots at getting to step 4.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course, there's so many ways to fall back to step 1 or better that it's hard to bust out! In fact, we both agreed that he probably only busts in step 1 about 20-25% of the time. But he's still a dog.
Old 11-11-2005, 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
]
Adanthar will have far more than 6 shots at getting to step 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[ QUOTE ]
I concur and would put my money on Adanthar. Now, if this was OOT whoever loses this bet would be banished from the island [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The sideaction window is open to those feeling lucky[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. We can check his status if you like.

Results so far:

6 entries. 5 rerolls. 1 loss that was my fault (pushed 2 pair ran into a straight, should've check/folded.) There's a AA vs. AA all in loss and a bunch of lost 70/30's in there but whatever, I can reroll until I stop running bad.

We'll see how it goes from here, I'll be playing mostly in the evenings.
Old 11-11-2005, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I will buck the trend and say my boy Adanthar has the best of it. I have my reasons, and they go beyond mere nepotism. If you want to know why, do 2 things:

1) Look at the payout structure for mini step 1, and see what place you need to get to get a "try again, step 1" freeroll (or better).

2) Log onto Party, pull up the list of mini step 1s, look at number of players left, and the level.

Adanthar will have far more than 6 shots at getting to step 4.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I'm going to go with the minority and take Adanthar here. I think that as long as he is willing to pass up a few +cEV spots for the sake of the wager, people play mini-steps so badly that you could almost fold your way to a freeroll in mini step 1 and then try and win it every time. Once you get beyond step 1 you HAVE to take dead last in order to not loop back.

I'm not near the SnG player Adanthar is, and I think I could probably do this (and no, I'm not accepting wagers). Just look at the structure: http://www.partypoker.com/news/event...-steps-05.html

If Adanthar had to win a step 5 I'd probably go against him, but the way I understand this he simply has to make it to a step 5, correct? I'll be interested in following, but I think as long as he's willing to be very risk adverse in his mini step 1s, this is easy money for him.

-Rizen
Old 11-11-2005, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
people play mini-steps so badly that you could almost fold your way to a freeroll

[/ QUOTE ]

I've open folded AK 3 times so far.
Old 11-11-2005, 05:27 PM

Who provided the $30? Maybe this is just a disguised way for adanthar to get a backer [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img].