Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-17-2005, 11:09 PM

Default I\'m thinking of quitting my job

I know this topic has been broached before but I wanted to present my situation and get some advice.

I started online over a year ago and started down about 8K. Then I had a period of breaking even or being slightly positive.

Recently, I started getting much better, read more (about 10 books) and in the past 4 months, I'm up about 14K. My winrate is now consistently about $40-$50/hour online. I'm pretty confident I can make at least $60K or more if I could do this fulltime.

I have a law degree, spent 100K on it but am bored with law. Though I only make in the low 40s, I have a 9-5 schedule but am getting really tired of it. I get frustrated b/c my job cuts into my poker time!!! I also don't have the time to do all the poker reading I wish I had. Keep in mind the 14K I've made in the past 4 months is based on part-time playing. I really want to quit now but of course what will friends/family think or should I even care? I'm 30 and don't have real responsibilities now so the timing should be good. I've talked to some people and they said to at least get a better track record (since my jump has only happenned in the last 4 months). Any ideas, advice/pitfalls?