Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2005, 12:49 PM

Default Midweek Vegas 4/8

1st trip out to Vegas, getting on the plane tomorrow and staying through Friday night with a couple friends. I'm sure we'll have no trouble finding good games Friday, and even Thursday (especially because it's Veterans' Day weekend). On the other hand Tuesday and Wednesday probably won't be as good, so...

Does anyone have suggestions on when/where to play at this limit (4/8)? I've heard the Wynn and Bellagio 4/8 can be good; MGM? Bally's? Excalibur?

Am I correct to assume games are probably best from roughly 10p to 2a?

Any other thoughts or must sees for this tourist? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

(edit: I have seen All Vegas Poker for poker room reviews)
Old 11-07-2005, 11:02 PM

Default Re: Midweek Vegas 4/8

IMO, the Wynn is the place to be during the day, when I played W-F, the games were good the whole time, as opposed to the Binion's 4/8 which can be come a "half regulars who kinda know how to play" game (that was thursday though). Plus you can count on players being there at all times. We arrived around 3am and went to MGM first, where only 2 games were going, 2/4$ limit and another NL game..then proceeded to Wynn where $4/8 games were going. Excalibur is good action too, but Wynn has a bigger selection and more drinks to choose from, which is enough to sway me that way.