Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2005, 03:24 AM

Default Re: Good Idea to protest my parking ticket?

[ QUOTE ]
wtf are you talking about?

He wants to know if he can go in and tell the truth, right? Since when did you become a supreme moral authority.

[/ QUOTE ]

He simply wants to avoid facing the consequences of his actions. It's that pure and simple. The worst part of it all is that he realizes it was a mistake on his part, he realizes there is no decent excuse he can give, and yet he still wants to try to run away from this consequence.

I'm not a supreme moral authority, and my statement that "he didn't have any integrity in the first place" was a poke at "I have nothing to lose." The truth is that by protesting this ticket, he will have lost some of his integrity if he aspires to be the kind of person that accepts responsibility and deals with circumstances rather than runs away from them. And I doubt at his next job interview that he will tell his potential employer how he sometimes knows things are his fault, but still does everything possible to avoid dealing with the damage he's created. Because that's obviously not the kind of person that people hire. He's going to put on a false persona, he's going to act as if he does accept responsibility, he's going to talk about himself as someone who approaches challenges, problems, and unfortunate circumstances directly rather than runs from them for as long as possible until they are finally to be dealt with. The word integrity basically means "one as a whole", in other words it means not being a hypocrite. Not being one thing one day and then proclaiming to be something else the next day, when you very well know that you are going to keep committing the same hypocrises (because you were aware of the nature of your hypocrisy when you first committed it, which he obviously is).

Doesn't the value of integrity mean anything to you sponger? I don't mean that with any hostility or aggression, it is not meant to be a loaded question. In any case it pains me how much some people absolutely don't give a [censored] about integrity, when it is one of the few values I can actually recognize as being good and even of God.
Old 09-29-2005, 03:24 AM

you're fighting an uphill battle
Old 09-29-2005, 03:26 AM

Wow I can't beleive some of the responses. People are being harsh. There is nothing wrong with trying to get a parking fine reduced or dismissed. A majority of traffic court judges will reduce first time offenders, especially in cases where the sign was not clearly visible.
Old 09-29-2005, 03:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Where did all this stuff come from? Did you come home to find your wife [censored] the mailman?

Please someone kill me if I am ever as big of a prick as einbert.

[/ QUOTE ]
Perhaps I went too far with my rant. I will admit that I was (and still am) quite angry at the attitude being displayed by some people in this thread (particularly the OP). I may have handled my anger inappropriately by being too much of a lecturer (or maybe even just a jerk) to this guy. I'm not quite convinced of that just yet, though. Perhaps I will reflect some on what I've written.

If you had someone with you all the time to kill you if you were ever as big a jerk as I just was, you would probably have been dead long ago. I think the same is true for all of us. Or at least 99%.
Old 09-29-2005, 03:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There is nothing wrong with trying to get a parking fine reduced or dismissed.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree with your statement completely (in a vacuum, obviously).
Old 09-29-2005, 03:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There is nothing wrong with trying to get a parking fine reduced or dismissed.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree with your statement completely (in a vacuum, obviously).

[/ QUOTE ]

I always try to get my parking fines increased; cause im rich and I dont give a [censored] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-blake
Old 09-29-2005, 03:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you had someone with you all the time to kill you if you were ever as big a jerk as I just was, you would probably have been dead long ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well...uh...I'm getting better. I've started trying to respect people's opinions, although that makes me hate this forum more because all you read about is stuff like "OMFG YOU DONT THINK XXXX IS THE GREATEST XXXXX, U MORON".

Anyways, your response to my first post criticizing you was really good, trying responding more like that instead of "We got a real genius on our hands here. Next thing you know, it'll be Mark Summers, Ph.D posting on these forums."
Old 09-29-2005, 03:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you had someone with you all the time to kill you if you were ever as big a jerk as I just was, you would probably have been dead long ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well...uh...I'm getting better. I've started trying to respect people's opinions, although that makes me hate this forum more because all you read about is stuff like "OMFG YOU DONT THINK XXXX IS THE GREATEST XXXXX, U MORON".

Anyways, your response to my first post criticizing you was really good, trying responding more like that instead of "We got a real genius on our hands here. Next thing you know, it'll be Mark Summers, Ph.D posting on these forums."

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought this was going to be a lame thread and almost didn't open it; but now I'm glad I did.
Old 09-29-2005, 03:50 AM

To einbert. Okay I come across like an ignorant prick. I'm sorry. But a few things in my defense.

$195 is actually not the normal going rate for a ticket. My roomates have all gotten tickets for forgetting to move their cars on alternate parking side days and they have only gotten tickets around $50.

Also, It's not like i'm trying to completely rip off the system and make out like a bandit. I parked in the wrong spot and it was completely my fault. Next time I'll use more discretion. I'm pretty sure that right there is the definition of learning one's lesson. However, that doesn't make it wrong for me to want to reduce the ticket. I'm still going to have to pay money to the city for my wrondoing but, I'm not rich and I would like to save a few bucks if possible. What's wrong with that?

Also, just by my attitude I can tell you think I'm a real drain on society and that people like me are going to be the end of the world. Looking to get out of my debt to society, completely selfish, ignorant, cold-hearted, etc. I get it. It's not a big deal though. It's a freakin parking ticket.

I promise you, if i thought it was morally important for me to pay the full fine and not try to get a reduction, I would do that. But I don't think it's necessary for me to pay the whole thing. I'm not a bad guy who eats children. Just trying to save a few bucks.

There are way more important things to worry about. Chill.
Old 09-29-2005, 04:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I doubt that they can raisethe fine (and by doubt i mean 'know they cant') so whats the harm in protesting it. Worst case senerio is you pay and your out the time it takes for a court date.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus Christ what is this world coming to?

Does integrity mean nothing in this culture?

Is avoiding accepting responsibility for a mistake we have made really that widely accepted, that people would make posts like this?

What the hell is wrong with you? Don't you have any concept of humanity, mutual self? Don't you have any clue that things exist above and beyond your own personal consciousness, self-righteousness, and self-acceptance crisis? Don't you actually think about things like this before posting your answer?

Humanity is headed for some pretty shitty places as long as we have people like you and the OP at the helm.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right, what is this world coming to? When people care this much and rant about something that really isn't that big of a deal. I'm guessing you are 35-45, maybe 50. I'll sure be glad when your generation are all in homes pissing and shitting into little baggies.

It isn't like the OP has been a douchebag and said OMFG IM NOT PAYING THIS BULLSHIT TICKET!!!!!!1111 He just asked if we thought he had a chance to get out of it by explaining how it was an accident.

To the OP: Uhhh I doubt you will get out of it. I know that here in KY, if you go to court and plead guilty for speeding tickets, you usually get the MPH over reduced (and the find as well). This works especially well if you are a hot chick. 200 bucks seems really, really high. Maybe if you go down there and explain the case they will knock it down a little.