Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2005, 01:16 PM

Default Re: Paradise Blackjack had a \"tell\"

Even if they did generate and check the hole card value at the start of the hand that would take all of about 1 millisecond.

[ QUOTE ]
And the whole "way to generate action" - give me a break....

[/ QUOTE ]

Put any sort of idea out on the internet and some people are going to try to make use of it. They might well generate some excess action from people who think they might have found a way to take advantage of the site.

Of course those foolish people running the site will be totally ignorant of being fleeced by this secret because they're so disconnected from the internet world.

The person said they played 7 hours and made a nice chunk of change. They didn't say they made it because of the correct play of the ins. bets.

Dealer gets an ace up 1/13 of the time. Approx. 40% of the time has a ten value in the hole. So roughly 1/30th of the hands involve this so called lag. Once they found the secret were they never wrong about the ins. bet after that?

I couldn't get to the article. But I certainly doubt it.
Old 08-30-2005, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Even if they did generate and check the hole card value at the start of the hand that would take all of about 1 millisecond.

[/ QUOTE ]

And if a few tens of thousand of programmers read a block of code you'd think someone would actually notice that it's occasionally writing outside it's array. Yet just such an error remained in linux for a long time...
Old 08-30-2005, 04:09 PM

So let me get this straight. Someone finds an exploitable hole in an online game and reportedly makes a "good chunk of money" by exploiting said hole. Naturally, the next step is to publicize the hole so that it is fixed, and so that you can't make any more "chunks of money."

Yea, right.
Old 08-30-2005, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So let me get this straight. Someone finds an exploitable hole in an online game and reportedly makes a "good chunk of money" by exploiting said hole. Naturally, the next step is to publicize the hole so that it is fixed, and so that you can't make any more "chunks of money."

Yea, right.

[/ QUOTE ]

hackers are wierd like that.
Old 08-30-2005, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hackers are wierd like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

He was no hacker, he was a gambler as it took no "hacking" skills to come up with his conclusion. Gamblers are NOT weird like that...
Old 08-30-2005, 06:51 PM

What's a gambler doing writing an article for 2600?

Although, yeah, the guy who noticed the bug was a gambler...
Old 08-30-2005, 09:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
About one second of thought is required to dismiss the lag time as a tell.

Ask yourself. Why would the dealer bother to check or even generate an actual hole card before you finished playing your hand?

Do you really think your internet connection is so stable that every packet takes precisely the same amount of time to get from their server through the chain of numerous routers that eventually pass it on to your machine?

Or maybe this bogus lag time idea is just a way to generate action for their BJ game.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it happens once, yes it might be lag. If it happens repeatably, then you can be pretty sure you are on to something, as the chances of it just happening to be lag become slimmer and slimmer with each occurence.

That being said, I have no idea if this was actually true or not, and if it was it has reportedly been fixed.

However, their are several online poker players who have tells based upon their reaction times. Sure, maybe every now and then I might be wrong because of lag, but the vast majority of the time I am right. These tells aren't something that occur every hand, they are in unique situations like described in this post. Once you catch on, lag is the last thing on my mind.

EDIT: Also, before a bunch of people jump on me, players tend not to take bathroom breaks between the turn and the river when they have a big hand.
Old 08-31-2005, 03:37 PM

Really? I thought they did...now I'm going to have to modify my play.
Old 08-31-2005, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
reading the original post is for chumps

[/ QUOTE ]

Repeating what was already stated is for chumps. We can't all be zerocool ya know....

[/ QUOTE ]

And don't you punks forget that.

Mess with the best, die like the rest.