Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2004, 01:23 PM

Default Re: The scariest thing that has ever happened to me is...

[ QUOTE ]
...at this point everyone's up in the front of the bus and we are picking up major speed. I--turnipmonster

[/ QUOTE ]

Geez, I'd hate to be in a boat with you geniuses... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 10-18-2004, 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One time I woke up and I could open my eyes and look around, but I couldn't move or talk. I knew my body was still asleep, but for about five or ten minutes I couldn't do anything.

It happened several times in one month about a year ago, but hasn't happened since. It was almost like I had tetrodotoxin poisoning, but I hadn't been to a sushi bar. I didn't like the experience at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

This has happened to me on multiple occasions.
Old 10-18-2004, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The first time I masturbated was pretty scary. I didn't know what the hell I was doing. You only grow when you sleep, and I grew six inches(no, not that way) in six months, so I spent a lot of time sleeping when I was about 13. My mom came in one day and woke me out of my afternoon nap to tell me she and my dad knew I was always in my room lately because I was masturbating, and it was okay with them. I had no idea what to say. My folks were very open with sex education and I had had sex-ed books since I was really young. I knew what masturbation was but the thought of actually doing it had somehow never really occurred to me. I mean, I hadn't ever set up a plan or had a goal about it or anything.

I told her she was wrong, but in her mother knows best manner she told me again that it was absolute fact and both she and dad knew it, but that it was okay anyway. God only knows why she told me that. It kind of freaked me out. Well, there was no convincing her otherwise. I was kind of startled and ashamed just because of the accusation, even though it was supposedly "okay" and even though I had never tried it.

So I did try it for the first time later that very day, just out of curiosity. I mean, if I was supposed to be doing it...what the hell was all this fuss about?

Anyway, I was shocked, scared, and delighted at the result, all in the same instant. I gave a huge yelp like a cowboy busting a bronco and was lucky I didn't jackknife out my window or have Mom coming running into the room to find out what was wrong. And, in the cyclical manner of the ending of scary stories....

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think ive ever laughed harder while reading 2+2!
Old 10-18-2004, 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but luckily my hand was near my throat and I caught the blade of the knife on the edge of my hand

[/ QUOTE ]

so that's why they call you No Thumb.

crazy story.
Old 10-18-2004, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One time I woke up and I could open my eyes and look around, but I couldn't move or talk. I knew my body was still asleep, but for about five or ten minutes I couldn't do anything.

It happened several times in one month about a year ago, but hasn't happened since. It was almost like I had tetrodotoxin poisoning, but I hadn't been to a sushi bar. I didn't like the experience at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes this is called 'old hag,' and if you're having half-waking dreams of an ugly old woman on you, then a succubus has just stolen your soul. If you've been watching too much X-files lately, then this will be a great alien abduction story.

I was "abducted by aliens," and this particular phenomenon is why. It was pretty cool and all. Damn scary at the time, tho, given a sleepy head and the complete paralysis (except for the eyes, which makes sense wrt REM sleep). To be clear here, no I do not believe I was actually abducted. They just visited. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Crackpot description
but we're scientific crackpots
Dream Lab
Old 10-18-2004, 06:14 PM

Thanks Salt, Dominic, and Cosimo!

I figured it was just natural, but it really messes with your mind. It only happened during a one month stretch so part of the time I was worried I was slowly becomming paralyzed. The other part I simply figured my body was still asleep, but atleast now I know its ok.

Salt did you ever get any "night demons" while experiencing this like they talk about in Cosimo's links. I did, but only a couple of times. I didn't even see them, just heard them in the house. For some reason I knew whoever they were, they weren't friendly. There was a knife on my desk next to my bed and all I wanted to do was grab the knife. Of course, I couldn't move. All I could think about for ten minutes was how I was going to die and I couldn't even pick up a knife that was a foot from my bed to defend myself. It sucked!
Old 10-18-2004, 06:15 PM

on new year's eve 1999/2000, I went to this party full of douche bags who wouldn't let me in and threatened to kick my ass if i didn't leave without the girls that my friends and i came with. So a friend and I decided to leave. Upon noticing that between us and the car stood a shirtless, hairless man screaming at the top of his lungs about killing "all of you." We thought it best to take evasive action. As we turned the corner to take the long way to the car, a rather large man came out of a house and asked us what was going on. We told him that some skinhead was threatening everybody at the party and we were just trying to leave. He told us "we're not all like that, he's making us look bad." This was followed by a diatribe about his tireless efforts to "save your (my) race." I turned away from him and told my friend "we don't have to listen to this," which, looking back, I now realize was a mistake. He grabbed me and spun me around to face him, screaming about how i wasn't respecting him and calling me a "nigger." (That may be edited but you can guess what a skinhead would call someone who didn't want to hear his crap.) (BTW, i'm whiter than paulie shore.) So just as we're trying to explain that we just want to leave, a car comes peeling up and screeches to a halt next to us. Three short, shorn, and more than a little drunk gentlemen jump out of the car, leaving it on and the doors open, and run up to us. "Who the [censored] is this?" they ask what I by now realize is their leader. By now I am surrounded, backed up against a chain-link fence, and trying to explain to these four unreasonable men that I am not, in fact, a S.H.A.R.P. (skinhead against racial predjudice)(!) Needless to say they didn't belive me, and after a few more racial slurrs that don't apply to me the leader tells me to "look at this" and takes his shirt off. His torso was covered, belt to chin, with iron crosses, swastikas and the like. Out of pure discomfort, I turned away, again, a mistake. Someone behind me yelled "look at it" and punched me in the back of the neck pretty hard. The ambush knocked me to the ground onto my hands and knees. One of them kicked me in the temple (steel toed boots being the footwear of choice) and after a brief moment of blackness I was on my side. The four of them told me they were going to kill me and to prove it, one of them held my friend away while the other three stomped on my head and kicked me in the stomach and back, using the chain link fence for leverage. Fortunately, my head was on dirt, not the sidewalk, so this wasn't as bad as it could've been. After a while I heard a woman's voice talking to the men and asking who I was. They told her I was a sharp and she kicked me so hard in the spine that I couldn't feel my legs for a few seconds. I looked up at her as if to say "what is your [censored] problem," another mistake, and was met with a swift kick in the face. Long story short, the cops showed up in the nick of time and we were let go, we proceeded to get real drunk, not press charges, and explain for weeks the footprints on my face. Not that spooky, but I was scared.
Old 10-18-2004, 06:30 PM

I got hit in the face with a baseball once...

On a more serious note,
If John Kerry is elected that will be a scary moment.
Old 10-18-2004, 06:32 PM

I can't see how you could even begin to argue that there is a scarier, more dangerous possibility than W's re-election.
Old 10-18-2004, 08:16 PM

I once saw a clown.