Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2005, 03:28 PM

Default Re: Q7s in SB - position problems

[ QUOTE ]
What's my line on the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are there any hands you are behind to which will fold? (Very unlikely.)
Are there any hands you are behind to which will raise? (Unlikely.)
Are there any hands you beat which will call a bet? (Perhaps.)
Are there any hands you beat which will bet if checked to? (Quite possibily, but this is read dependent.)
Are there any better hands which will value bet if checked to? (Yes, probably.)

Without reads, I bet. Without reads, I call a raise (but I hate it).
Old 05-31-2005, 05:03 PM

Default Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em

[/ QUOTE ]

The worst players on the net routinely go to the river trying to spike a pair. I bet one of them will call down with A high.

Good luck and I look forward to your next value-bet post. I would post more myself here but I'm currently doing the Noble bonus and so I don't have recent hand histories.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree about betting the river. But, let's play the river from the BB, assuming that BB did have an A high. How should we play that?

Given that there are no pre-flop raisers and SB has been betting on a 2-flush flop, could you potentially put SB on a busted flush who is just continuing to bet, since no one showed any aggression? If so, would you think it's OK to raise the river to fold out CO behind us? I think that's a possibility with the right read on SB, maybe not against an unknown, but thought I would throw the possibility out there.
Old 05-31-2005, 05:23 PM

Earlier in the thread, most people were telling the OP to check/call or check/fold.

Then the OP mentioned that he won the hand, and a few replies suggested a bet for value. I don't like how that new information swayed the crowd. Was that your original opinion before reading that his sevens held up?
Old 05-31-2005, 07:28 PM

I check/call this (I thought this before I read results as well).

I'm not entirely confident in my hand, but I would like to show it down. I may also elicit a bluff from a busted 5 or club flush draw.
Old 06-01-2005, 09:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Earlier in the thread, most people were telling the OP to check/call or check/fold.

Then the OP mentioned that he won the hand, and a few replies suggested a bet for value. I don't like how that new information swayed the crowd. Was that your original opinion before reading that his sevens held up?

[/ QUOTE ]

My original opinion was that it was pretty close. If the opponent will bet with more hands than he will call with, then we check. If the opposite then we bet. Given the typical, relatively passive, player at this level, I think it shades toward betting with no read.
Old 06-01-2005, 10:50 AM

I would probably bet and fold to a raise on the river.
Old 06-01-2005, 02:49 PM

(grunched)I like the turn bet against 3 opponents - I think you have some fold equity here and you can easily fold to a raise. Plus you might have the best hand at this point and are possibly charging your opponents for weak draws.

I'm going with a check/call line on the river, folding to a bet/raise. I don't think you're folding a better hand here, and are probably only getting called with a hand that beats you. The reason I call 1 back to me is that someone may take your check as having nothing and decide to bet their 78s or such.
Old 06-01-2005, 03:03 PM

After reading over everyone else's post I think the difference between check/call and bet/fold are very marginal, but bet/fold to a raise may be slightly +EV. Maybe 5% of the time you get a better hand to fold, and say another 10% of the time you win extra bets from weaker holdings. This is the slight value I think you might gain over the check/call line.