Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2005, 06:54 PM

Default Re: WHOA! Game Structure gives me a huge edge. How to adjust. Hand Example

"You're the guy I like to smoke with a hand like 86s on a 457 flop that couldn't POSSIBLY have helped anyone after you raised it PF. Seriously, this to me allows me to play in a bunch of hands and build a nice image as a LAG to come along and crush someone that likes to play tight and only with "premium" PF hands."

This is not true Im playing those 68 79 810 suited hand but im only playing when I can limp in late posisition I dont see any reason to commit a 20-40$ pre flop with a hand like that even the suited connectors, these hands should e folded because I can afford to wait. What is the magic number that you would cut off calling a preflop raise with a suited connector, Example: 2-2-1 blinds 5$ to see a flop im in mp3 I limp with 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] CO raises to 25$ 2 preflop callers infront call the raise 85$ in the pot 20$ for me to call Roughly 4 to 1 on my money. Is it going to be more profitable in situations like this to just fold and wait till I can see the flop for cheap. Or should I should I call for pot odds.

You can adjust to 3 player so its 5 to 1 and I still question whether i need to be rishing this much pre flop?
Old 05-20-2005, 01:28 AM

Default Re: WHOA! Game Structure gives me a huge edge. How to adjust. Hand Example

PLEASE tell me where this game is....
Old 05-20-2005, 02:50 AM

Default Re: WHOA! Game Structure gives me a huge edge. How to adjust. Hand Exa

[ QUOTE ]
PLEASE tell me where this game is....

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like the Palace game that Gab and I have posted about a number of times in the past.
Old 05-20-2005, 07:04 AM

It's totally up to you S. If I were you I would be calling a lot of suited connectors into raised multiway pots, getting it in the middle when you hit, and rebuying to max if you miss.
Old 05-20-2005, 12:21 PM

Yeah its at the palace in hayward u could get there from SF not too bad of a drive.
Old 05-20-2005, 12:41 PM

I think people are missing my point of adjustment due to structure. Its 2-2-1 and 5 dollars to play I should be waiting for good cards in good posisition with no need to risk alot in margional situations the blinds are TINY! compared to the size of the game, it seems like no one has come up with any changes in there approach to a loose nl limit game. Every thing that has been said is just basic deep stack poker play nothing new. People are telling me to play 68s, ha when I play my 3-3-1 game with no max but in and theres 1000$ infront of every body at least IM RAISING 68s from mp just to thrown off my opponent on later betting rounds or later hands. if I hit vs some one else no one can put that kid on a hand like that raising preflop then if I get to show it OOHH talk about great for my image, especially if I i bluff my opponents post flop. This brings up another intresting question should I show a hand like this if I raised it pre flop and bluffed it on the flop turn or river.

Man I have A.D.D. how did i end up with that question..

Any way no one has come up with any variance on normal deep stack poker strats so ill continue trying to solve this problem.
Old 05-20-2005, 09:50 PM

You keep mentioning 1-2-2, 5-to-go. I used to play this game a fair amount and when the game got deep, it was always killed or double-killed making it 10 or 20 to go. Is that no longer the case? As for strategy, no, I don't think there's anything significantly different about the optimal strategy for this game vs. any other loose deep stack NL game.