Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2005, 01:08 AM

Default fun w/ JTo. Side note, never play JTo

Villian here is slightly loose passive but nothing worth writing home about. I thought about checking this turn through and then realized if I'm behind it is going to cost me one bet either here or the river to find out. Flop raise is standard i think. After villian calls 2 I can basically tell you his hand (my reason for wanting to check this through). After he raises it's an easy fold.......right??

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: kfly is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, kfly calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">kfly raises</font>, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">kfly bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, UTG folds, kfly folds.

Final Pot: 8 BB
Old 10-06-2005, 01:31 AM

Default Re: fun w/ JTo. Side note, never play JTo

I have a hard time thinking you are beat here more than half the time on this at these limits. Its probably a good fold, I just dont think its a no-brainer.
Old 10-06-2005, 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Villian here is slightly loose passive but nothing worth writing home about. I thought about checking this turn through and then realized if I'm behind it is going to cost me one bet either here or the river to find out. Flop raise is standard i think. After villian calls 2 I can basically tell you his hand (my reason for wanting to check this through). After he raises it's an easy fold.......right??

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: kfly is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, kfly calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">kfly raises</font>, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">kfly bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, UTG folds, kfly folds.

Final Pot: 8 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you put him on 98 or [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]? Based on the flop cold-call, you can't really tell. Would he check-cold-call a crap ten, like T4o? You also can't rule out a flopped set or some other slowplaying monster hand.

I like the bet-fold if you trust your player read. But I must say that I don't like the hand-reading leading up to your turn bet and wanting to check through on the turn just to see a showdown for one more bet.
Old 10-06-2005, 01:42 AM

He's called 2 on the flop so he's either probably drawing to a straight or flush. I wouldn't discount another T here though, cos you always wait until the turn to c/r your top pair, right? [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

I think your hand is quite vulnerable, if not already well beaten. I probably b/f here too, but perhaps checking the turn and folding the river UI would be better?
Old 10-06-2005, 02:01 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En respuesta a:</font><hr />
but perhaps checking the turn and folding the river UI would be better?

[/ QUOTE ]

if i checked the turn through i'd call the river i think

i basically figured he had a draw- straight or flush. or a set. and when he raised the turn i figured either straight of set and im screwed either way.
Old 10-06-2005, 02:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But I must say that I don't like the hand-reading leading up to your turn bet and wanting to check through on the turn just to see a showdown for one more bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

couldn't have said it better myself. Top pair wins too often not to see a showdown, what are you afraid of?
Old 10-06-2005, 02:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I can basically tell you his hand

[/ QUOTE ]
What hand is that again? 1010? Better yet 89? ever think he may be on a Flush Draw? Don't be scared away by check-raising. I don't know if you can consider it a donk bet, but that turn could not have improved his hand unless he really has a straight draw and got it.
Old 10-06-2005, 03:07 AM

I can basically tell you his hand

[/ QUOTE ]
What hand is that again? 1010? Better yet 89? ever think he may be on a Flush Draw? Don't be scared away by check-raising. I don't know if you can consider it a donk bet, but that turn could not have improved his hand unless he really has a straight draw and got it.

[/ QUOTE ]

if an unknown wants to c/r a flush draw on the turn i cannot do anything about it. to often he has a set/2pair or more importantly, the straight.
Old 10-06-2005, 05:39 AM

I am not sure it is an easy fold but if you call you are looking at having to call another bet at the river so you are getting reverse implied odds of 4.5:1 with a fairly weak hand. I don't lose much sleep by folding this one.

An interesting alternative for discussion might be to RERAISE to see what Villian will do. This will further define his hand and there is some change that HE will fold if he is holding TT and was "cleverly" slowplaying (folding with TT is, of course, an error because he has 8 outs to make a full house or quads) or a number of other holdings like KT, QT, JT, T9. If he caps it then he for sure has 89 (or awfully big huevos for a "passive" type). If he just calls it then depending on the river card there could be an opportunity to bluff on the river or check/call your top pair with the bigger pot.
Old 10-06-2005, 06:07 AM

Trust your read. Nice fold.