Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2005, 06:59 PM

Default Re: Doyle\'s other room....my experience.

[ QUOTE ]
I never got anything but grief from Doyle. I did dish out a coupkle thou in bad publicity for the disservice I got.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't think he repaid anyone with a balance under $5
Old 10-14-2005, 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow....you are not....smart.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Flush beats a straight also...just FYI

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you tighten your chin strap on your helmet and concentrate real hard

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what you're reduced to.

Seriously, you need to cut your losses.

Have you considered for even a second why NOBODY agrees with you? NOBODY.

Okay, one known troll. THAT's gotta hurt even more.

In fact, I might send Doyle's Room a link to this thread so they can get a good laugh over the guy who threatened to "make them pay."
Old 10-14-2005, 07:25 PM

While this thread has degenerated into utter ridiculousness, I think there's a fairly simple justification for sites not letting someone cash out immediately after a transfer:

The sites provide the player to player tranfer service SOLELY TO PROVIDE A PLAYER WITH MONEY TO PLAY POKER WITH.

The money in your account is "yours," and if you want to send some of that money to a friend who wants to play poker, the site will provide you with that service. If you want to send your friend a gift, pay off a debt, or give him profits he made playing on your name, you'll have to use one of the myriad other methods of transferring currency at your disposal in the modern world.

If you transfer money to a friend who does not play poker with it and tries to cash it out, you have violated the site's player to player transfer terms and they have the right to void the transaction and put the money back in your account. It's that simple.
Old 10-14-2005, 08:03 PM

Default Re: Doyle\'s Room....my experience.

It's a poker room, not a bank.
Old 10-14-2005, 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Have you considered for even a second why NOBODY agrees with you? NOBODY.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't disagree with the OP. It won't carry much weight as I've got less than 500 posts here (I think), but at least I've not been classified as a troll (to my knowledge).

The OP is taking Doyle's Room to task for not being very customer-friendly. He's got a point, in that it's fairly obvious that the guy wasn't actually attempting to launder money, and the reason they gave him for disallowing the transfer was that they were trying to prevent laundering money. As a longtime customer of a site, it doesn't seem like it's completely unreasonable for him to ask for consideration beyond reading straight out of the rulebook.

At the same time, DR choosing the expedient path rather than the "good customer service" path is simply a business decision. I now know that when I go to DR, I shouldn't expect Stars-level customer service. Okay, duly noted. It's like TSA wanding six-year-olds that set off the metal detector at airports -- seems silly on the face of it, but it's because they've chosen to simply the rules. Whether or not it's silly is open to debate; whether or not they can do it if they want, on the other hand, really isn't.

This incident isn't going to prevent me from playing at DR at some point in the future, but it's also not going to make me scream "stupid n00b!"
Old 10-14-2005, 08:51 PM

I love Doyles Room. It's the only place I play. They have been nothing but a pleasure to deal with. I've had no problems with them whatsoever.
Old 10-14-2005, 09:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I should also add into this....this skin is now Scott Fishman's new site. The Fish Tank, it is also using a VCpoker skin as well. Do I have anything against Scott...nope hardest working man in poker. Probably one of the finest online and live players in the world right now for tournament play. Also a stand up guy when my friend put a beat on him and knocked him out of a tournament at Commerce...tapped the table said nice hand and got up and walked away, no drama or bad mouthing the guy...just left with class. So, no I don't have any issues with Scott either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Namedropping isn't going to help your cause. Doyle this, Scott that, blah blah blah.

[ QUOTE ]
it is on a forum and people are viewing this and this is good?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nobody cares, so how can it bad? Keep plugging away. I'm sure you will bring Doyle's Room to it's knees.

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I need to find an excuse to respond so I can talk about how I have personal experience with Scott Fishman. So I will use this bit of 2+2 bandwidth to hammer that home. But what will be the pretense...?

I KNOW!! I will insult you! Then I will talk about how I have has personal experience with Scott Fishman. The reason I am doing that is because I beleive (incorrectly), that makes me look cool to the people on 2+2.

Oh yeah, I have had personal experiences with Scott Fishman! I practically know him. He would almost recognize me if he saw me (I hope). I think this makes me cool!

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 10-14-2005, 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wow....had not realized the depth of flaming over this pretty vanilla subject.

So...let's get this straight. Let's see what we got ton the black board here.

1. I am a bad guy to say anything about a site that has Doyle's name on it, regardless of what a site does.

2. This was a transfer as stated to a friend, who couldn't tranfer via Neteller, because his first deposit was...a transfer.

3. This is VCpoker skin, so in essence it is VCpoker I am talking about, to all the Doyle defenders.

4. This is my friends money...not the sites it is his, once transfered to me it is mine.

5. I can keep the money ONLY if I play on the site with it, can't take it off...my money...can't take it.

6. Laundering, sure over 100 thousand in player points, many final tables, many submissions on improvements to the site, already cashed out previously, I am an affiliate...and I am laundering money. Those points add up to thousands of raked dollars....but I am laundering $300...what an amazing and unprofitable cover for $300.

You want me to post a picture of Doyle hitting his royal against a set of aces....I will.

Quick recap, your money is not truely your money, taking all your change on cashing out also acceptable, not helping dedicated players with tons of rake and hours on the site acceptable.

What isn't acceptable in your views in a site....damn....amazing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Harvester, the problem here is that you have 1, or now, 2 posts. Anyone with that many is never allowed to criticize or even suggest improvements to online poker. If you write the exact same post, but with 1000 previous, people will explain the transfer rules, tell you why the site is legit, nothing shady, but they would do so while not flaming. There is nothing shady about the site and what they did is SOP for most sites. But you must accept the fact that the responses you are getting are SOP for this forum, as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is what is so wrong with the majority of online forums of any description.....basically u are treated as a jackass untill u reach some magical post mark.

yes, this post appears dumb as these policies are similar for the majority of sites but why not just say that....as far as i know, it doesnt cost anything to be fairly civil to people, no matter how dumb they may be.

btw, "lucky sucker" to me not a derogratory term at all for what its worth!!
Old 10-14-2005, 11:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3. This is VCpoker skin, so in essence it is VCpoker I am talking about, to all the Doyle defenders.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doyle's Room IS NOT a skin. Doyle is a partner with the Victor Chandler Network. The site I belong to became a skin of Doyle's Room not VC. Different customer service altogether.

To illustrate my point.... the sites that belong to the VC network were handicapped today by their cashier being down. Those of us who belong to the DBN got to play.

Donna

BTW... I used the word DWEEB instead of the word I was looking to use. Don't want to get banned for using the correct language. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 10-14-2005, 11:32 PM

Why don't you start your own site where cheats, scammers, and dumb people can do whatever they want? Problem solved.