Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2005, 02:52 PM

Default Doyle\'s Room....my experience.

Well...how do I say this....I have the utmost in respect for Doyle, and honestly I have no idea on the day to day dealings he truly has with the site except in name alone. That being said, if my name was associated with anything from a poker site to a soft drink I would still care about it. So...I am spreading the word just like I fore warned DR staff I would and here I am telling people about the DR antics. This isn't the first forum I am willing to talk about on nor will this be the last one.

Here is the situation, I had won a tournament on there and taken it down for $1200. One of my friends was railing the tournament and I gave him $30 to start an account on DR and he was very grateful. Not only did he do well, he did VERY well with playing in limits and playing very well in the MTT. Well, he ran that $30 over 2k, and accumulated over 160k in action points. That is a TON of rake. Especially when he was moving to 5-10 limit and playing a bunch there. It would be easily over 1k in rake for him alone, not to mention my action on the site as well. So, they are making a ton off of my friend with no rake back set up 100% profit. Me I had it set up, still making a ton off of me as well.

So, a situation comes up, Mike is sending me $300 in player to player transfer. I receive the money and then go and deposit it to my Neteller account. Simple enough right, something that happens on every site many times a day. I got to see my balance in Neteller...nope nothing has gone through. I go back check my account....nope same balance. I got to the history and there it is, withdrawal cancelled money sent back to my friend. Hunhh? Ok, so jump on the horn with customer support; let's see what is going on...ohh you have to talk to accounting. Ok fair enough I give him a call, now this might shock some of you to know this...but the person on the phone had a thick accent and was tough to understand. He tells me...get this...that they are not going to allow a player to player transfer that is then withdrawn. Wtf??? Are you telling me that the money isn't really our money?! "We do not allow player to player transfers with a withdrawal", how you figure this isn't your money to dictate any terms about it, it is mine and my friends.

Well this went back and forth, sending emails out to the room manager, security, support, accounting manager, everyone except Doyle himself. I have played with Doyle and he is a very nice person btw, real stand up guy, and a lucky sucker, watched him take out AA vs JQos with an A on the flop, spikes a straight on the turn and a royal on the river....unreal. Anyway, back to the story, I tell these guys to stop messing with our money and quit fing around with our business, nope this is our policy and we will not change. Not to mention that they will ALLOW the transfer if there is no withdrawal....are you friggen kidding me??!! So this money is locked up for how long until I have made some hypothetical hand number then you release my funds to withdrawal off the site?? Talking about nuts, this made me very spooked....we all entrust our money to sites and when they start goofing around with our funds and not allowing us to get money off the site...alarms and whistles should be blaring in your head.

I told them on numerous, (and no surprise to anyone reading this) lengthy detailed emails that this is none of their business quick screwing around with our money, or I would warn others and withdrawal the full bank roll and so would my friend. To my absolute surprise these knuckle heads wouldn’t walk away from their stupid policy which was losing them money. Any policy that makes your business lose money....is a bad policy nuff said.

So, screw it, this drama and time was pissing me off, I hate stupid people they are like kryptonite to me. My buddy couldn't transfer to me; he couldn't use his Neteller account, because I originally staked him from my tournament as a thank you for railing. That is another rule, if you didn't deposit with Neteller....you can't withdrawal with Neteller...makes no sense. So, I went as I said and withdrew my money off the site, don't even mess with my money or get cute.

So, there you go with DR, beware of their antics with your bank roll and telling you what you can and can't do with your own money. On an amusing side note, they have this gaff on there, I thought was funny. I was cashing out my money, and I put the full amount in there just like I have done with other sites. However, when cashing out, I couldn't take the change; I could only cash out round numbers. **POOF** Good bye 87 cents, I tried rounding up...nope over your BR amount...you have to put the amount in with out any change....nice. Imagine how much this adds up to over time...pretty sick amounts.

This drama is over for me now, however I thought people should know about this, as it sucks. I and my friend both bailed after they started getting cute with our money, and another friend is now leaving. Should you leave...up to you and your confidence with people goofing around off shore with your cash, and stiffing you on your withdrawals by rounding your amounts off lower.

Nice site very cool software, decent bonuses, rake back, ok tournament structure, just terrible staff and hitting the third rail of online poker...don't EVER mess with a players BR.....EVER!

Anyway, what I told them I would do I am doing...spreading the word, just FYI.
Old 10-14-2005, 03:00 PM

Default Re: Doyle\'s Room....my experience.

PartyPoker requires that you play raked hands in order to withdraw transfered money. It sounds like they have a similar policy.
Old 10-14-2005, 03:01 PM

You must be new.
Old 10-14-2005, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That is another rule, if you didn't deposit with Neteller....you can't withdrawal with Neteller...makes no sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

DUH!!!! Didn't you read the rules for Neteller before you got an account??? What a dweeb!!! I don't belong to Doyle's room, but I do belong to a site that is part of his network and I've NEVER had a problem with them or with Neteller.

Donna
Old 10-14-2005, 03:16 PM

I thought this was pretty standard anti-money laundering stuff.
Old 10-14-2005, 03:19 PM

I have played with Doyle and he is a very nice person btw, real stand up guy, and a lucky sucker,

i ALMOST stopped reading after this line, but i was praying that the story ended in a bankroll confiscation.

1. you are a dick.
2. doyle is VERY involved in the site
3. they are not a bank
4. xfers + withdrawals like this aid colluders
5. when you have 10 wsop bracelets come back and discuss luck
6. you are a dick

Old 10-14-2005, 03:22 PM

The reason sites like Doyle's Room, Party Poker, and I assume many others, prevent you from cashing out a transfer without playing with the money first is as a guard against money laundering and players abusing the transfer process to avoid processing fees that the sites end up paying to companies like Neteller. It's really a logical enough requirement, and at least somewhat standard for the industry. The sites allow money transfers to facilitate players playing on their site, not to give you the equivalent of free checking.

Party also limits Neteller cashouts to whole dollar amounts
Old 10-14-2005, 03:27 PM

Dude, pretty much everything you're complaining about is standard industry practice. (Even the not letting you cash out change.)

Withdraw your money to Neteller, transfer to your friend from there, and play at a different site where your account isn't probably red-flagged.

[ QUOTE ]
I told them on numerous, (and no surprise to anyone reading this) lengthy detailed emails that this is none of their business quick screwing around with our money

[/ QUOTE ]
This cracked me up.
Old 10-14-2005, 03:41 PM

Wow....had not realized the depth of flaming over this pretty vanilla subject.

So...let's get this straight. Let's see what we got ton the black board here.

1. I am a bad guy to say anything about a site that has Doyle's name on it, regardless of what a site does.

2. This was a transfer as stated to a friend, who couldn't tranfer via Neteller, because his first deposit was...a transfer.

3. This is VCpoker skin, so in essence it is VCpoker I am talking about, to all the Doyle defenders.

4. This is my friends money...not the sites it is his, once transfered to me it is mine.

5. I can keep the money ONLY if I play on the site with it, can't take it off...my money...can't take it.

6. Laundering, sure over 100 thousand in player points, many final tables, many submissions on improvements to the site, already cashed out previously, I am an affiliate...and I am laundering money. Those points add up to thousands of raked dollars....but I am laundering $300...what an amazing and unprofitable cover for $300.

You want me to post a picture of Doyle hitting his royal against a set of aces....I will.

Quick recap, your money is not truely your money, taking all your change on cashing out also acceptable, not helping dedicated players with tons of rake and hours on the site acceptable.

What isn't acceptable in your views in a site....damn....amazing.
Old 10-14-2005, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have played with Doyle and he is a very nice person btw, real stand up guy, and a lucky sucker,

i ALMOST stopped reading after this line, but i was praying that the story ended in a bankroll confiscation.

1. you are a dick.
2. doyle is VERY involved in the site
3. they are not a bank
4. xfers + withdrawals like this aid colluders
5. when you have 10 wsop bracelets come back and discuss luck
6. you are a dick

[/ QUOTE ]

God forbid he say that Doyle is a nice guy. He seems quite nice to me, and the OP is not a dick for saying so. Do you not think Doyle is a stand-up guy as well? Keep your personal problems with Doyle to yourself.