Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2005, 08:32 PM

Default The Moon Landing Conspiracy

Someone asked for a thread about this in another thread.

Personally, I believe that the landings were real, but they found "something" and that's why we haven't gone back.
Old 10-10-2005, 08:41 PM

Default Re: The Moon Landing Conspiracy

If science is questioning the moon landings, then I just got my answer to why some might not have an interest in the possibility of a God.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If science is questioning the moon landings, then I just got my answer to why some might not have an interest in the possibility of a God.

[/ QUOTE ]
Is this another one of your jokes? I can never tell these days. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-11-2005, 10:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Is this another one of your jokes? I can never tell these days. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant it this way: If scientist aren’t even sure if we went to the moon (which was a new one on me) then I can, now, see how they would not be interested in hypotheticals (in the sense that the subject can't be proven) like whether God exists or not.

As far as if I was joking? I have no idea either. It depends on if the OP was a joke or not (I couldn't tell, myself, in that regard).
Old 10-11-2005, 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If scientist aren’t even sure if we went to the moon (which was a new one on me) then I can, now, see how they would not be interested in hypotheticals (in the sense that the subject can't be proven) like whether God exists or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sentence contributes nothing, as there is no a debate among scientists with this issue. Also, let's not lump 'scientists' into one category. The only scientists' opinion on this matter would be NASA scientists. Who would care if some anthropologist was swayed by Fox's first rate investigative journalism?
Old 10-11-2005, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Really, RJT, I hope you realize how ridiculous this sentence is. How did you get from the OP to scientists apparently questioning the moon landing? I'd really like for you to walk me through that thought process.
Old 10-11-2005, 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Really, RJT, I hope you realize how ridiculous this sentence is. How did you get from the OP to scientists apparently questioning the moon landing? I'd really like for you to walk me through that thought process.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had assumed no scientist even considered such a notion. The fact that someone actually posted such a topic here in SMP just threw me for a loop. So, I threw out the notion that if there are any then …

My initial post was really meant to be a stopper for any further discussion. That is, either you got some science going on with this nonsense or you don’t. If you do, then my statement follows. If you don’t then give it up.

As far as Timmy’s remark that my statement contributes nothing - thank goodness for that. It was meant to not only not contribute, but to help dissipate the discussion.
Old 10-10-2005, 08:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Someone asked for a thread about this in another thread.

Personally, I believe that the landings were real, but they found "something" and that's why we haven't gone back.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol- Yeah, they "found" that it takes a lot of friggin resources to get there and hasn't been worth going back to as of yet.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, exactly!!! The moon is a hollow metallic sphere, which God made as a prison for fallen angels. This is the vantage point from where the nephilim observed the daughters of men.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:19 PM

Oh yes I almost forgot, it is also possibly the source of the waters above which led to the flood.
When the moon cracked open, down came the rain.

The London bus later found on the moon can thus be seen as a typological representation of the Ark.

Elvis and Noah must thus be viewed in their patriarchal roles as leaders of mankind.

My apologies for the heterodox nature of the post, but I felt this was too important to omit.