Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-13-2005, 07:56 PM

Default Accidental reraise

$2/$4 NL ..6 max

Button seems decent although he just played a hand very strangely causing a lot of banter at the table in which I took the opportunity to join in.

Button open raises to $20. I tried to click fold with my A5 in the BB but I lost control of my mouse and min reraised to $36. He calls. I have $400 and he has me covered.

The flop comes AJ5. I bet $45 into the $75 pot and he calls. How do you proceed? (Not sure why I only bet $45)

The pot is $165 and the turn is a T. At this point I think he has AK / AQ, but of course he could have AJ / AT as well.
Old 12-13-2005, 08:15 PM

Default Re: Accidental reraise

[ QUOTE ]
At this point I think he has AK / AQ, but of course he could have AJ / AT as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you are asking how to lose the least then or to fold?
Old 12-13-2005, 08:31 PM

I think he is asking for a turn plan.
Old 12-13-2005, 08:37 PM

i dont think there is a standard line here. a lot depends on how i see him, how i think he sees me, how i think he thinks i see him, etc. maybe i just dont want to think very hard.
Old 12-13-2005, 09:10 PM

Bet more on the flop. Wow what a horrible turn. I'm interested to see what lines people think you should take. I love big pots and big action so I say throw out $125 and fold to a push. I think his hand range is pretty big from big aces to mediocre suited aces -- you only min-raised and he is on the button.
Old 12-13-2005, 09:13 PM

Funny you should say that. I bet $125 on the turn and he called. At that point I was alomst positiove he had AK / AQ because I cant imagine he wouldnt raise if he could beat my A5.

I pushed in on the blank turn.
Old 12-13-2005, 09:18 PM

Bet 120, fold if raised. If he calls, I'm pushing any river as at that point you're pot-stuck. Whatever else, you definitely made things interesting [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Kirk
Old 12-13-2005, 09:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Funny you should say that. I bet $125 on the turn and he called. At that point I was alomst positiove he had AK / AQ because I cant imagine he wouldnt raise if he could beat my A5.

I pushed in on the blank turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well don't forget if he has AA, JJ, or KQ here he just calls as well. So you're either way ahead or way behind and usually in these situations I tend to either go broke or go big. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

EDIT: But yeah push blank turn obviously! Well played hand in my opinion (apart from preflop).
Old 12-14-2005, 06:11 PM

I puhsed the blank river and he called with AQ. Its hands like this that make me wonder how any of you guys can pull off some of the big bluffs I see here sometimes.

This guy cant beat anything that I could possibly have EXCEPT for a bluff, but he stacks off anyway. And this guy isnt a terrible calling station. Hes a decent player, or at least I thought he was.

This is also the reason I hate the phrase "he wont call with anything you beat" which is used way too often here. I'll bet I couldve pushed all in on the turn and he wouldve called.