Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-31-2005, 01:35 AM

Default RESULTS

Well maybe this wasn't as donkish as I thought, the consensus seems to be to push which is what I did. Villian had K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] , oh well. I really expected to see some type of PP here most of the time. I like Swolfe's line also, waiting until the turn when I have a single heart crushed is a good idea.
Old 12-31-2005, 01:40 AM

Default Re: RESULTS

[ QUOTE ]
I like Swolfe's line also, waiting until the turn when I have a single heart crushed is a good idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not if you're playing against an opponent that will play a flopped set,flush, two pair, one pair plus a flush draw, etc, etc in the same manner. If you feel you're going to be ahead of this particular opponent most of the time on the flop you should just 4 bet. Waiting for a safe card will certainly reduce your variance but can also result in your folding the best hand.
Old 12-31-2005, 04:31 PM

Default Re: RESULTS

[ QUOTE ]
Not if you're playing against an opponent that will play a flopped set,flush, two pair, one pair plus a flush draw, etc, etc in the same manner. If you feel you're going to be ahead of this particular opponent most of the time on the flop you should just 4 bet. Waiting for a safe card will certainly reduce your variance but can also result in your folding the best hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

flopped sets and two pairs will still pay you off on the turn. in fact, they'll be happier to pay you off once the turn blanks. in a multiway pot, if a 4th heart comes, there's pretty much 0 chance that you have the best hand. the only hand that you might lose some value from is pair+[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], but if that's what they're leading the flop with, they'll probably lead the turn again and call your raise.