Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-26-2005, 07:11 PM

Default Re: AA , am i beat?

i made a pot sized raise.
Old 12-26-2005, 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
calling gives me no idea of where im at.

[/ QUOTE ]

play chess then
Old 12-26-2005, 07:24 PM

Default Re: results

I did fold them, and really thought i made the correct decision at this time. I wasnt even going to post the hand, but the next day i search for the guy just out of curiosity and hes in the 100nl playing atleast 50% of the hands, and playing them terribly. maby it was just tilt, who knows.
Old 12-26-2005, 07:25 PM

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

play chess then

????
Old 12-26-2005, 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:

play chess then

????

[/ QUOTE ]

poker is a game of incomplete information, you can't get information without giving information. You're much better off not knowing where you stand than telling your opponent where he stands
Old 12-26-2005, 07:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:

play chess then

????

[/ QUOTE ]

poker is a game of incomplete information, you can't get information without giving information. You're much better off not knowing where you stand than telling your opponent where he stands

[/ QUOTE ]

i totally disagree with this statement.
Old 12-26-2005, 07:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:

play chess then

????

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i totally disagree with this statement.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok. so the flop comes QQx, he bets, you raise. Now he folds, great, you got all the information you wanted, your hand is good. Of course if you hadn't raise you give him the opportunity to lose more with a second best hand.
If you are behind you don't need to lose more but you greatly improve your chances of seeing a showdown AND you win a lot more when you're ahead (giving freecards is not a problem)

Raising purely for information is bad.
Old 12-26-2005, 07:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ok. so the flop comes QQx, he bets, you raise. Now he folds, great, you got all the information you wanted, your hand is good. Of course if you hadn't raise you give him the opportunity to lose more with a second best hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
What second best hand is putting any more money into this pot? Any hand that is calling bets on future streets is calling a flop raise.

Edit: removed some content because I forgot what the original hand was
Old 12-26-2005, 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
What second best hand is putting any more money into this pot? Any hand that is calling bets on future streets is calling a flop raise.

Edit: removed some content because I forgot what the original hand was

[/ QUOTE ]

TT bets the flop, gets called. check check on turn. you value bet the river after being checked to, he looks you up about 90% of the time (or makes a blocking bet himself).
Old 12-26-2005, 08:12 PM

so then he keeps betting the turn and river and you just call both times and have no clue where you stand unless he makes a monster bet. great.