Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 12-20-2005, 02:51 PM

Default KK vs 2 Q\'s on the board

Don't have much of a read on MP2, only a few hands in and multi-tabling.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

So do I c/c down here or just give up (or bet/raise!?)? The c/c would cost me 2 to win 10.75. I do have a 11.5-1 draw for the K. How often do I think he doesn't have the Q with the cold call and the flop raise?
Old 12-20-2005, 02:58 PM

Default Re: KK vs 2 Q\'s on the board

Without reads it's difficult to know but I don't think you can give villian a Q here 100% of the time. At .5/1 people can do strange things. It's conceivable that he is betting his flush draw or wants to see if you have a Q or is his JJ still good. I might lead out again on the turn and see what villian does. If he calls I'd do it again on the river if a non-D shows up. If I'm running bad I may just c/c down and cry a little when he turns up Q4o.
Old 12-20-2005, 03:09 PM

Hey, I'm stupid... I put in the complete wrong odds on the K.. it's 23-1...
Old 12-20-2005, 03:21 PM

There are two main options:
1) MP2 has flush draw or middle pair.
2) MP2 has Q, or middle pair.

If his has flush draw or middle pair I should not allow him proceeding cheaply and catch his kicker on the river.
If he has Q you have no pot odds to proceed.
For me that means bet and fold to raise (only Maniac will raise the agressor with flush draw and paired board).
Old 12-20-2005, 03:26 PM

tough without reads really because he could be doing this with 99, the Q, or some stupid 8. the problem obviously then comes when he raises your turn bet (which i would do with any hand i was raising on the flop with).

so really my default would probably be to check/call down because if i bet and he doesn't have the Queen, he will probably fold, and any trickiness, he's raising and it'll be difficult for me to call. i'd rather just get to showdown.

the next obvious difficulty is if he is on a flush draw and we give him a cheap showdown. sadly on this hand, i'll have to give it to him and hope for the best.
Old 12-20-2005, 03:31 PM

I think you have to bet
Old 12-20-2005, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you have to bet

[/ QUOTE ]

since my post clearly suggests check/calling, could you explain your line please.
Old 12-20-2005, 04:09 PM

I just don't see him raising with a worse hand, however, he'll be happy to call down with a midpair type hand...Also, if he was drawing, I don't want him to get a free look at the river.
Old 12-20-2005, 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just don't see him raising with a worse hand, however, he'll be happy to call down with a midpair type hand...Also, if he was drawing, I don't want him to get a free look at the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

i guess w/o reads, neither one of us will come to an aggreement as any line could be correct. so i'll just say "that is another line to take".
Old 12-20-2005, 05:03 PM

I just read your original post, and you didn't even mention/consider bet/folding. Why are you so opposed to folding here? I can't think of a single situation where check/calling down is good. If I'm against a LAG/Idiot, I'm gonna make it to showdown, but theres absolutely no way I'm checking the turn. Against a passive/neutral/TAGish/unknown, you should be able to safely fold to a turn raise...