Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2005, 06:51 PM

Default set hand, F or T CR?

Usually I post hands that I think I have screwed up. This one I think I played in a standard good way, but I want to make sure that what I think is right!

The only question really is would you CR the flop or turn?

PFR on the Button is a good agressive player.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, MP2 folds, CO folds.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB folds.

River: (11.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 13.50 BB
Old 11-09-2005, 06:53 PM

Default Re: set hand, F or T CR?

I would bet the flop hoping to 3 bet. I don't c/r b/c we're going to fold out the guys inbetween who are likely drawing near dead.
Old 11-09-2005, 06:56 PM

LOL. Just when I think I am getting things right...

psw
Old 11-09-2005, 06:56 PM

Checking the turn sucks. Button will check through a ton of overcard hands.
Old 11-09-2005, 06:57 PM

with 2 players between me and him, I bet/call the flop hoping for a raise from button. I think on this board, you want to trap MP2 and CO for calls early on.

edit: i might bet/3-bet depending on the action between.
Old 11-09-2005, 07:01 PM

Here's a few good rules I follow when flop big hands:

1. If the flop has three players or more, I'm coming to life on the flop. I'm not waiting for the turn.

2. If I'm getting aggressive on the flop, my basic thought is whether a bet or a check-raise will get more money in. The best general idea is to simply decide who is the most likely flop bettor (if there isn't one, you should just bet). If there are more players between you and the likely better on your left , then your should bet, because that'll likely face the most players with one small bet at a time. If there are more players between you and the likely better on your right , then you should check-raise.

Here we have five players, two of who have to act after us and before the button pre-flop raiser. So we bet.

Getting raised would rule. I think the interesting question is whether it's better to three-bet if we get raised or to call and donk the turn. Personally, I like calling and donking the turn.
Old 11-09-2005, 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
with 2 players between me and him, I bet/call the flop hoping for a raise from button. I think on this board, you want to trap MP2 and CO for calls early on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Betting out does put them in a scary position though. Most people recognize the danger of the Button raising. Won't many hands fold there to my bet?

psw
Old 11-09-2005, 07:04 PM

Man, I love it when WD answers my posts.

psw

ps. Thanks to the other contributers too...
Old 11-09-2005, 07:06 PM

Glad to be of service...
Old 11-09-2005, 07:07 PM

I think you will get some calls often. Some players just have to see that turn and often don't account for the probable raise from the PFR, or they may have caught a piece of the board.