Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2005, 11:37 AM

Default Two AA hands

No particular reads this hand...

Party Poker 20/40 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls.

Flop: (7 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (11.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Final Pot: 13.50 BB

On this hand, the whole table was playing nuts because of one maniac, who wasn't in this hand. UTG is generally solid.

Party Poker 20/40 Hold'em (5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, Button calls.

Flop: (13 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (11.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB
Old 08-24-2005, 12:47 PM

Default Re: Two AA hands

first hand is well played, a river c/r also a decent line. but your's is good as well.

2nd hand why no turn c/r or turn lead?
Old 08-24-2005, 01:16 PM

I think i batched up hand 2, but c/r the turn seems very bad against his range of hands. I think i like just leading it better?
Old 08-24-2005, 02:39 PM

I like hand 1 a lot.

Hand 2 is a wreck. I presume you put him on kings or queens and slowed down. Obviously too soon, had you jsut called preflop and he capped perhaps I could buy into your line, but there is no reason to slow down as you did.
Old 08-24-2005, 02:43 PM

I think in retrospect, leading the turn would have been better. At the time, i was thinking i was only really ahead of AQ or AK (which he wouldnt have with this flop action) and that QQ, KK, and QK would raise the crap out of me.

I think i put him on too narrow a range of hands and should have bet the turn.
Old 08-24-2005, 02:56 PM

Yeah, I would be thinking AQ first, with JJ, 1010, AK, KK also good possibilities. 88 and 99 not impossible either for flop and of course the sets that are ahead.
Old 08-24-2005, 03:34 PM

I don't really like your line on hand 1. Capping the turn and betting out on the river seems best. You get an extra bet against worse hands and better hands might only call you anyway fearing QQ or JJ. If you think you're beat for whatever reason on the turn just call the 3-bet and check call the river. Your line is best against QJ but against everything else there's something better.
Old 08-24-2005, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't really like your line on hand 1. Capping the turn and betting out on the river seems best. You get an extra bet against worse hands and better hands might only call you anyway fearing QQ or JJ. If you think you're beat for whatever reason on the turn just call the 3-bet and check call the river. Your line is best against QJ but against everything else there's something better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Capping the turn in hand 1 is spewing, i think his line here was very consistent with QJ.
Old 08-24-2005, 04:20 PM

His line is definitely consistent with QJ, in fact thats the first hand I would put him on, but the point is that its the only hand your line works against.

I would normally agree that capping the turn is too aggressive but given that you considered the table to be fired up due to the maniac I would slightly lean toward capping. Also if you really believe capping is "spewing" you should definitely just be check-calling the river especially since at least 75% of party 20/40 players will still bet their top two there. I'm not so concerned that your play was too passive as I am that your turn and river play are inconsistent.