Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2005, 03:03 AM

Default Bubble Hand

PokerStars SNG. Low buyin

UTG: t5000
Button: t4300
SB: t3200
Hero: t1000

Blinds: 100/200
Preflop: Hero is dealt: Two cards
2 folds, SB min raises, Hero calls

Flop: (t800) AcKc4s
SB bets t200, Hero raises t600 and is allin.

Let's discuss.
Old 11-13-2005, 03:13 AM

Default Re: Bubble Hand

Any reads? I push a lot of hands back unless this is an unsual move by SB or I have crap, in which case I probably make the move you did- pushing in on any flop.
Old 11-13-2005, 03:37 AM

@ 100/200, you with one of your 5bb's in the post, a "real hand" is putting you in PF - which SHOULD certainly included any Ace. more often a donk-minraise is representive of a misguided attempt at PF aggression, generally followed by the min-"you're suppose to fold now shortie" flop lead. given his line, pushing back here, with this precise chip count, makes this a profitable line in the end...IMO. with his twice-shown hesitancy, you're call PF & push over post, can certainly be representative of at least the King enough to get him to dump, saving himself t400 (and perhaps psychologically...the "embarrassment" of a showdown).
Old 11-13-2005, 06:09 AM

My thoughts:

If I fold here, and have 800 on the next round (actually 700 after posting), I have virtually no folding equity anyhow. So whether I begin the next hand with 600 or 800 means very little to me at this point.

At the moment, I have two cards which are weak. Furthermore, I likely have a small amount of folding equity if I push here, so why not take the good pot odds and see a flop. There's a decent chance I can bluff him off the hand.

My plan. If I hit the flop at all, directly or draw wise, my chips are going in the middle. If SB limp bets into me, I'm pushing if there's a bunch of overcards. If I whiff the flop, and villain pot commits me, I'm folding. That was the game plan.
Old 11-13-2005, 08:05 AM

It's not a bad plan, but the problem is you would re-push preflop with most Ax. If it was me in SB's shoes, though I'd never have done some crappy min-raise (or at least very very rarely), I'd only fold if I put you on exactly Kx here (and that with x probably below 9). Which ain't too likely, therefore it will only work if he's not very observant.
Old 11-13-2005, 08:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's not a bad plan, but the problem is you would re-push preflop with most Ax. If it was me in SB's shoes, though I'd never have done some crappy min-raise (or at least very very rarely), I'd only fold if I put you on exactly Kx here (and that with x probably below 9). Which ain't too likely, therefore it will only work if he's not very observant.

[/ QUOTE ]

As BB I'd even push Kx preflop.

However, I still like Scubas line, at a low buyin tournie I think we can expect (sort of) villain not to go through this thought process.

I also like Bluefeets comment that villain might fold just to save some embarresment...
Old 11-13-2005, 09:09 AM

Well yeah that's what I was getting at, read-dependent [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-13-2005, 09:22 AM

by the way tigerite, I'll be out of town for a few days, take care of the day time forum meanwhile [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

oh, and don't reveal to many secrets. And oh, good luck at the tables [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-13-2005, 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I also like Bluefeets comment that villain might fold just to save some embarresment...

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, I was thinking they're folding because they don't want to "leak" anymore chips to shorty than they already have.
Old 11-13-2005, 02:18 PM

I'm surprised at the replies so far. I think this is a pretty gross hand. I think you're better off folding and pushing your sb or button. You do have FE pushing 3.5 bb's, I don't understand that comment indicating you don't. Flop is again dumb I think. He calls with like anything. That's the problem with pf, on the flop he gets money in first.