Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2005, 02:26 PM

Default Re: 2004 USPC final table

[ QUOTE ]
Also, there seemed to be a dispute over how many chips he had, because it did take quite a while to get it straightened out.

Kevin...

[/ QUOTE ]

I think what pushed Jdags over the edge is Corkins, made him count down like three times.

Jdags counted down twice without reaction, and then the last time became agitated.

I personally thought Corkins was being kind of an ass and instigated the situation a bit.
Old 03-28-2005, 02:36 PM

am i the only one who thinks corkins has come off as rude before as well? asking for dags to push the stack to him after that beat is flat out bush league...he knows he's getting the chips.
Old 03-28-2005, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
am i the only one who thinks corkins has come off as rude before as well? asking for dags to push the stack to him after that beat is flat out bush league...he knows he's getting the chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

jdawgs probably wasn't that happy when Hoyt said "Let me double up one more time and I'm coming after you"
Old 03-28-2005, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

John's chips were directly in front of him. I would have found it rude to have a player reach over and start grabbing chips that are directly in front of me without asking first or giving me the opportunity to slide them over. What I thought was "bush league" was making Hoyt re-stack the chips because of the way John shoved them over. I like John and he had taken the "beats" very well up to that point. I was sorry to see him show the frustration at the end.
Old 03-28-2005, 03:29 PM

i don't know...such a fine line and it all comes down to interpretation. give jdags an extra 30 sec to a min and he'll push his chips over to hoyt. if hoyt doesn't ask, then he doesn't have to re-stack them, that was the way i saw it.
Old 03-28-2005, 03:38 PM

Does anybody have any reaction to John helping himself to another players chips to make a count???

They edited version didn't show John asking, but he reached over to the chips of the player to his left and picked up misc. chips on top of the pile and counted them himself.

Not that this was rude, but I would have been uncomfortable with it.
Old 03-28-2005, 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Since it was the final table, they would have shown the hand either way. My point is that you can see some of this coming just because it made it through editing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see what you were saying.

Man, you gotta learn to suspend your disbelief if you're gonna try to enjoy these things.

At least I get your point now, though. I was a little worried about you for a second there.
Old 03-28-2005, 07:32 PM

Default Re: Am I missinig something?

Great Teddy Roosevelt quote! [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 03-29-2005, 06:28 PM

Agreed. In fact, I think Norman (though I usually try to tune him out) made the correct observation that Hoyt could have made a steal with a much smaller raise.
Old 04-02-2005, 04:56 AM

At the start of the final table, I really wanted to see D'Agostino get taken down. Who's this 21-year-old punk seeing such huge success so quickly, my middle-aged poker-stagnating butt is thinking to myself.

But how he went out, I couldn't help but feel bad for him. Just an incredible run of bad luck (minus the KQd vs. QQ hand of Hollander). The final hand was the absolute cropper. Sure, he had no chance of coming back, but if salt in the wound was ever applied, it was here.

My anger, tempered as it is, seeing I like him so much, is reserved for Norman Chad. Didn't anyone else see the two-facedness of Chad saying on the Q77 flop of "I'm surprised D'Agostino isn't kicking over his chair" ... to chastising his actions when he pushed the chips over to Corkins?

One minute, he's sympathetic to his plight, and expects him to act out on it. Then, after he does, he switches gears and talks about how bad of a sport he was, or words to that effect.

As for myself, I've already set a rule that if I ever make it to a TV table, to hold back on any outbursts while on camera. That said, if I went out like that, I couldn't guarantee the safety of my hotel room furniture, or any stray dogs that might cross my path.