Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2005, 12:36 AM

Default Re: The sheer hypocrisy in Malmuth\'s post

[ QUOTE ]
"How to proclaim your poker school's train of thought is the greatest off the results of one tournament"?

dude, please post Masons hypocritical statement because it doesn't exist on this site..
you might want to work on your reading comprehension as you probably also missed a lot of what is in TOP...

[/ QUOTE ]

Doyle, Ivey, Chan: "nothing else needs to be said"

would'nt this constitute a results-oriented statement [example, bragging about someone's performance over top players in ONE tournament]? i'd like to hear what Mr. Malmuth was trying to convey when he said that, y'know, get a better understanding of things. GOD forbid it being taken the wrong way.
Old 03-07-2005, 12:52 AM

"nothing else needs to be said"

ok fair enough - to each his own. my interpretation of that statement is a little different...
Old 03-07-2005, 02:16 AM

His friend and business partner had called him to inform him he had just beaten one of the top ranked players in the world, again achieving results for the third time after being criticized for never doing so.

The guy has the right to overreact and celebrate on his own forums. Now hopefully Fischman will get a Two Plus Two book deal on how to defeat Sklansky heads up, it is only fair.
Old 03-07-2005, 02:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Should I be looking for the next 2+2 book, "How to proclaim your poker school's train of thought is the greatest off the results of one tournament"?

Lame.

[/ QUOTE ]

If not a book, how about just a little essay about giving your friend and partner props for a good job?

Petty resentment of someone else's day in the spotlight is truly lame.
Old 03-07-2005, 06:29 PM

I agree. I don't see what the OP's problem was.

Let them cheer all they want. I wouldn't be surprised if Sklansky pulled off more wins like these if he put his mind to it. Looks like now he has a reason, called exposure.
Old 03-07-2005, 08:37 PM

I don't think Mason was showboating, he was just sharing his excitement over David's success with the 2+2 community. It does, however, seem that many top poker professionals show lots of contempt for 2+2 and their authors. They might just be frustrated with the fact that they can't make as much money as easily as before. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]