Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2004, 01:22 AM

Default Turned set and I fold?

This one felt really uncomfortable.

BB has been semi-passive postflop, although I haven't seen much of him since his VPIP was 5% for the 45 hands I played with him. SB is unknown. All others play very passive.
(Ignore the preflop call if you think it's too loose)

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.5.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, Hero calls, MP3 calls, CO (poster) checks, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, MP3 checks, CO checks.

Turn: (2.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero folds, ....

I had planned on folding to any bet, but then I hit my 5 on the turn. I realize I have 10 outs here and potentially the best hand, but I then looked at the 2.5 BB pot and wondered if it was even worth putting up a fight for. Any thoughts?
Old 12-01-2004, 01:37 AM

Default Re: Turned set and I fold?

Its a 5.5BB pot when the action gets to you...
I think you should 3bet here with likely the best hand and ten outs to a full house. BB could just have easily made 2 pair. 3betting may also let you see a free showdown unimproved if you so desire.