Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-24-2005, 02:50 PM

Default River line...

Online NL$100 ($1bb)

Villains are SB ($400) and CO ($150) and I have $100. SB has laggish tendencies but is not that good. CO is a bit passive and seems to call too much. Neither is a solid player.

I open limp in about MP2 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. CO calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop ($4)
Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Dream boat flop. Checked all the way around. Figure I need to let people catch up.

Turn ($4)

Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img])
SB bets $4, BB folds, I call, CO calls.
It is clear that both the CO and I have a piece of this board, the SB could have bluffed given how the flop checked around.

River ($16)
Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 10[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img])
SB bets $15. Action is on me. I...

I have the second nuts here as only QQ is ahead and that hand is HIGHLY unlikely from what I know of these players. QQ would have been raised. SB would not limp with it and the CO would raise. SB clearly has a solid piece of this board. Unclear how strong CO is at this point. I am figuring one of them for the case J, hopefully J 10 or J 9 or J A.

What line as the most EV? How would you play this most fortunate of positions?

Cheers.