Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2005, 08:36 PM

Default Re: IF UB.............

[ QUOTE ]
i left 3K in bonus money when I got out. I would always defend UB from its critics...but not any more. Bonus sucked but now sucks even worse. Tight games, except on weekends. CS is the second worst of all poker sites (Crypto is the worst).

Bye Bye UB

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here... I always used to defend UB too. No more. I am completely done playing there unless they start making positive changes. The only exception would be if i decide to go back an try the aruba qualifiers next year.
Old 10-04-2005, 11:21 PM

I used to to the bulk of my playing at UB. The mini view is great. I was well satisfied with customer service. My major complaint was software reliability. All too often I had to reboot after getting this DOS type error message. I learned to reboot before starting a session and then it would run trouble free. But the points cutback drove me away. Sometimes I play some Ultimate Points games. I've got 70,000 points and don't know what to do with them.
Old 10-05-2005, 01:33 PM

Hmm, guess I'll be the lone voice of dissent here. I play UB 40+ hours/week and am over +7BB/100 w/100k+ hands of $0.05/$0.10 & $0.10/$0.25 NLHE played, so I don't think the games are *too* tough. I'll let you know as I'm about $50 away from moving up to $0.25/$0.50, but don't really expect that game to be any tougher...I've played much higher before this, and the fish manage to swim pretty far upstream.

The one thing that gets me about the posts slamming UB's bonus structure is this...so you don't clear your bonus in 700 hands like Party (or like they used to...haven't played there in over a year), so what? Have the other poker sites started giving more than one bonus per month since I've been at UB? If they haven't, you are still getting one bonus per month, no matter how fast you clear it, so what's the diff? If these complaints are coming from ppl whose main source of poker income is coming from their bonuses cleared, I might humbly suggest that more time spent on improving their play and less time chasing down re-load bonuses may be more profitable in the L-T.

Phaedrus
Old 10-05-2005, 01:38 PM

The games on UB are good enough and the software is slick enough, that I would play the same amount there bonus or no bonus.

But I also have Rakeback. UB is my favorite site at the moment.
Old 10-05-2005, 01:55 PM

Pokershare combined with a RB deal, brings the RB up to a decent level. The games tend to play faster than most sites. That's more +ev.
Old 10-05-2005, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pokershare combined with a RB deal, brings the RB up to a decent level. The games tend to play faster than most sites. That's more +ev.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, I like UB. I missed some bonuses due to lack of money in neteller and regret it. You get as many hands in limit 3 tabling at UB as 4 tabling almost any other site.

The only site who has better software I have seen is Full Tilt. It is nice that Full Tilt remembers where you want your windows on the screen. However, I like 10 handed more than 9 handed.
Old 10-05-2005, 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hmm, guess I'll be the lone voice of dissent here. I play UB 40+ hours/week and am over +7BB/100 w/100k+ hands of $0.05/$0.10 & $0.10/$0.25 NLHE played, so I don't think the games are *too* tough. I'll let you know as I'm about $50 away from moving up to $0.25/$0.50, but don't really expect that game to be any tougher...I've played much higher before this, and the fish manage to swim pretty far upstream.

The one thing that gets me about the posts slamming UB's bonus structure is this...so you don't clear your bonus in 700 hands like Party (or like they used to...haven't played there in over a year), so what? Have the other poker sites started giving more than one bonus per month since I've been at UB? If they haven't, you are still getting one bonus per month, no matter how fast you clear it, so what's the diff? If these complaints are coming from ppl whose main source of poker income is coming from their bonuses cleared, I might humbly suggest that more time spent on improving their play and less time chasing down re-load bonuses may be more profitable in the L-T.

Phaedrus

[/ QUOTE ]

At the levels you are at, UB is probably your best bet. Once you get to .5/1 you will be much better off somewhere else.

Absolute has more bonuses than anyone in the industry.
Old 10-05-2005, 06:56 PM

I am leaving UB as well - multi poker 20x is much more profitable than UB bonus points - plus with UB it seems I am playing the same players over and over - love the software all else stinks
Old 10-05-2005, 07:45 PM

I agree that the level my roll allows me to play at the moment isn't filled with the best competition, but I've played as high as $5/$10 NLHE @ UB with some forays even higher than that, so I feel that the stiffer competition won't bother me that much.

Just curious, why do you think something changes at $0.50/$1? I only really noticed the competition getting tougher at about $2/$4. Do you know something about the rake structure I'm unaware of or something?
Old 10-05-2005, 08:26 PM

What about PokerShare? They're offering 33% rakeback, plus that whole 40% share thing going on. It might be good to play with 33% rb while clearing the 250 bonus.